17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2016 10:59 PM by Abambo

Lightroom Does not Read Images

aj26859827

I recently upgraded to 2015.7 Release.

When I connect my camera, I takes a while to read and I am getting the message.LR Bug.png

I tried with multiple cameras and different drives, still getting the same message...

Now have 3 shoots to edit...

Help Please...

• 1. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi aj,

We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you, please reset the Lightroom preferences back to default and check if that helps.

Press the shift + option keys immediately after you restart Lightroom, and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.

Refer: How to set Lightroom preferences

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
            petetheviking

Yep, resetting prefs helped me. I had the same problem problem with a "blank" import screen.

Phew... Thought I was in trouble there for a while! ;-)

• 3. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
              aj26859827 Level 1

Thanks Mohit. Unfortunatelty, this option does not work for me. I also tried creating a new catalog and does not solve the problem.

Best,

• 4. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                aj26859827 Level 1

Anyone from Adobe.. Who can offer help.. I see a lot of people have issues with this and no proper resolution.

• 5. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                  dj_paige Level 9

WILD GUESS: in your screen capture, on the right hand side, there is no Destination Folder selected (as far as I can see, the list of Folder extends down below the bottom of the screen). So, check to make sure there is a folder selected.

• 6. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                    aj26859827 Level 1

Thanks dj_paige. I tried all that, folders, drives. Nothing works.

• 7. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                      wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Curious to know if aj268..... has been able to import?

If no success, I am curious-

Importing with camera connected to computer usb?

Importing using a card reader?

Tried importing images by 'copy' from camera card to computer folder (without Lightroom) ?

Then tried importing by 'add' from folder in computer (without camera card) ?

Tested any usb cables being used?

Tested any usb sockets on computer?

Tested a card reader (if used) ?

Confirmed there are images on the card? (Importing from the correct card?)

Confirmed that there is a destination folder selected and has Read/Write permissions?

"tried....drives."  Do you mean you have connected external drive and selected a destination folder?

Any result yet?

• 8. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                        aj26859827 Level 1

wobertc,

Importing with camera connected to computer usb?

Does not Work. LR does not see images, I am able to see camera in windows explorer and copy images from there.

Importing using a card reader?

Don't have one.

Tried importing images by 'copy' from camera card to computer folder (without Lightroom) ?

Yes, works fine.

Then tried importing by 'add' from folder in computer (without camera card) ?

Yes, works fine.

Tested any usb cables being used?

YEs, tried multiple cables.

Tested any usb sockets on computer?

Yes, works fine.

Tested a card reader (if used) ?

N/A

Confirmed there are images on the card? (Importing from the correct card?)

Yes, multiple cards, and cameras

Confirmed that there is a destination folder selected and has Read/Write permissions?

Yes,

"tried....drives."  Do you mean you have connected external drive and selected a destination folder?

Yes, Local Drives and External Drives.

If windows, can see and copy. Why is LR not able to see and read images, I even tried formatting the cards and did not work.

Best

• 9. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Then you are left with 2 options.

1) Buy a card reader. The Best Solution.

2) Copy the images from the camera to your hard drive in the folder or folder you want them in and then import using the Add option. Or just dump them into one folder then use the Move or Copy option to then place them in the folders you want. Deleting the original copy once then have been copied if you use the Copy option.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                            Abambo Adobe Community Professional

Yes, 1) is by far the best solution. I never tried to connect my camera tio the computer for this. It's not practical.

• 11. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                              aj26859827 Level 1

This is clearly an ADOBE BUG.... I have been a LR user since version 3, and this has never happened.

I am going this as a work around... but coming back from shoot  with 3 cameras, this option does not fly.

• 12. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images

You are really shooting withg 3 cameras and not using a card reader. Only the hassle to connect your camera to the computer lets you read half of the data. Not to say that most cameras still use USB 2 against the faster USB 3. Thought seeing a 7D on your screen. That's slow Progress.

But it should work, there you are right.

• 13. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                                  aj26859827 Level 1

I never believed in pulling out the cards from my camera..

So I never use a card reader, always connected the camera to the USB port and imported via LR.

This update works in Mac, my windows is the issue.

7D is used in our photobooth. I rarely use it. But this was for the test.

• 14. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                                    I never believed in pulling out the cards from my camera..

It's not a question of faith. You may have your workflow, and it may be OK for you, but I would bet, asking professional photographers if they connect the camera to the computer for transferring images, the vast majority does not. It's awfully slow on most cameras (Or should I say on my cameras?).

• 15. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                                      aj26859827 Level 1

Thank you. I will try it, you are right it is slow, since most cameras support only usb 2.0.

• 16. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images
                                        wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Using a card reader- is good advice.

But I am still curious as to the OP's problem. Very annoying that all 3 cameras the same problem.

Hard to blame Windows if files can be copied by OS, but hard to call it a  LR 'bug' if millions? of other users do not have the same problem.

One item not yet mentioned in this thread-

Do you have any other items plugged in? Such as mobile phones, other usb sticks, etc.

Have you tried un-plugging all other devices other than the camera when importing?

• 17. Re: Lightroom Does not Read Images

Using a card reader- is good advice.

But I am still curious as to the OP's problem. Very annoying that all 3 cameras the same problem.

Hard to blame Windows if files can be copied by OS, but hard to call it a  LR 'bug' if millions? of other users do not have the same problem.

I agree: Using a card reader may work around the problem, but does not solve it.