4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 8:50 AM by Jao vdL

Not very happy with the Lightroom CC 2015.7 update

JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have been using Lightroom CC for about two years now. I have trusted every update so far. This latest update has introduced performance problems on my computer. The radial filter is extremely slow and sometimes unresponsive. Other adjustments that were done almost instantaneously now take several seconds sometimes to complete. I realize I don't have the latest and fastest computer, but this update hasn't been good for me at all. My system:

HP desktop computer

i5 Intel processor

8 GB RAM

Integrated graphics (no graphics card)

Windows 10 home premium

Lightroom just seems to be getting more and more unreliable.

• 1. Re: Not very happy with the Lightroom CC 2015.7 update
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Try unchecking the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.   LR's performance in Develop can be dodgy when it tries to use low- and medium-performance graphics chipsets, and its behavior on such chipsets can change with every release as Adobe changes the code utilizing GPUs.  Unless you have a 4K or 5K display, most people report that enabling the CPU results in little or no improvement.  See here for more details: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

If disabling the GPU helps, then you could spend the time to ensure you have the most recent graphics driver from the chipset's manufacturer (see the FAQ above).

• 2. Re: Not very happy with the Lightroom CC 2015.7 update
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

GPU is already unchecked. I am just using integrated graphics, so there isn't any GPU support anyway. But I'm wondering. My wife tried taking some handheld panorama images yesterday. And those stitched images are what seemed to be slowing down my Lightroom performance. Lots of jagged edges. It was her first time trying panorama shooting, and I just let her experiment. Do you think those irregular edges that are still there even when the image is auto cropped could be impacting Lightroom performance? It seems that working on single images works OK. And when I have done panoramas I have always used a tripod so there isn't as much irregularity.

• 3. Re: Not very happy with the Lightroom CC 2015.7 update
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
              Do you think those irregular edges that are still there even when the image is auto cropped could be impacting Lightroom performance?

It's possible -- but I don't recall seeing any similar reports.  It could be just the size of the panorama's DNG that's stressing your system -- they can get pretty big in pixel dimensions.  I'd be surprised if modest cropping of the edges affected the issue (other than reducing the total number of pixels being edited).

• 4. Re: Not very happy with the Lightroom CC 2015.7 update
                Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How large is the panorama? If it is many images, you can expect some slowdown loading the image and doing filters and brushing in Develop depending on the machine. An i5 with 8GB of RAM will definitely have some issues with really large panos.