1 2 3 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2017 3:33 PM by kglad

CS6 - MAC OS Sierra

ARV & MAYK Level 1

I installed Mac OS Sierra last night and downloaded the installation file (English version due to license) of "CS6 Design Standard".

When the installation starts the error comes.

"The next problems are found

Can't initiate the installation program. Maybe a file is missing. Download Adobe Support Advisor the find the problem"

Schermafbeelding 2016-09-21 om 10.05.02.png

First problem: Adobe Support Advisor is not available anymore to download. Tried to find the solution but did not found it.

Also tried CC cleaner to delete Creative Cloud (because I installed that first for photoshop and Lightroom).

Help...

• 1. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

El Capitan didn't work for many people with CS6. It's and end-of-life product that will never be updated.

It's highly likely that trying to upgrade it to Sierra pushed it over the edge. Time for a subscription to Creative Cloud.

• 2. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
            irishsurfdog Level 1

As in El Capitan and earlier, older Adobe applications are able to launch after you run the Apple installer for Java for OS X 2015-001. From brief testing, Adobe application compatibility with Sierra appears to be comparable to their compatibility with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. No need to update to the subscription model unless you had problems with the version you were running in El Capitan (or you just like throwing money at Adobe). I've had no problems running the full CS6 Suite in El Capitan. So far all appear to run fine in Sierra.

2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
              ARV & MAYK Level 1

CS6 worked on El Capitan perfect.

• 4. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                ARV & MAYK Level 1

To bad, this solution is not working. Tried a lot but it was not working.

I did a clean instal but still not working (CS6).

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                  Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Arvmayk,

Please refer the link below.

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Regards,

Akash

• 6. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                    petrj Level 1

There are some small issues in InDesign CS6 under El Capitan. Time to time the parts of the page disappears suddenly, The number of UNDo steps is limited to very small number, Not too serious.

• 7. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                      Cygnata Level 1

irishsurfdog wrote:

As in El Capitan and earlier, older Adobe applications are able to launch after you run the Apple installer for Java for OS X 2015-001. From brief testing, Adobe application compatibility with Sierra appears to be comparable to their compatibility with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. No need to update to the subscription model unless you had problems with the version you were running in El Capitan (or you just like throwing money at Adobe). I've had no problems running the full CS6 Suite in El Capitan. So far all appear to run fine in Sierra.

Hello,

I am running a Mac Pro and just went from the previous version of the Mac OS (El Capitan), to Mac OS Sierra, and got a message to update the Java SE 6 runtime. I want to note, that previous to Sierra, when I was running El Capitan, there were no issues with PS within my Master Creative Suite Collection. Once updating the Java runtime, PS launched and there doesn't seem to be any issues with Mac OS Sierra and PS. This is a photo of the message I mentioned:

IMG_1329.JPG

• 8. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra

I spend a lot of time answering questions on the InDesign Forum. InDesign CS6 definitely has problems both in El Capitan and Sierra for most users. Just a warning.

If you can continue to get it to run, more power to you, but don't try to install in a new computer, or reinstall.

• 9. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                          thralthamidor Level 1

Hello Arv, please try this:

There is an immediate workaround that should get the installer going:

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the installer and choose Show Package Contents.
                          2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actual Installer should successfully launch.

(via https://blog.conradchavez.com/))

25 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                            ARV & MAYK Level 1

You are awesome! Thanks this one worked, now installing and should work fine.

• 11. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                              big_smile Level 1

@Steve Werner  What sort of issues does InDesign CS6 have?

• 12. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra

Check out the InDesign forum. I don't remember the details because I don't use CS6 myself. You can ask here:

InDesign

• 13. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                  animalatwork Level 1

I'm still using CS5 and the only issues I've had on El Capitan is that Illustrator crashes when I quit the app, or it thinks it "Unexpectedly Quit." I am about to upgrade to Sierra. Has anyone (still using CS5) had any compatibility issues on Sierra?

• 14. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                    juan.espana Level 1

Thanks a lot, it worked for me.

Steve, UPDATE to Cloud version is NOT the solution.

• 15. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                      big_smile Level 1

I upgraded to Sierra with no issues for Adobe Photoshop CS6 & Indesign CS6 (I just upgraded, I didn't reinstall).

Illustrator CS6 needed Java reinstalling, but now it works fine.

Creative Cloud doesn't make sense for me, as CS6 does everything I want without the monthly fee.

• 16. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                        Karffe Level 1

I had few issues but those issues are very annoying and frustrating over all application of the adobe package... that means i have experience with that fact that adobe cs6 is not compatible with MAc osx yosemite and newer..., i think it depends on apple computer model you have but i am sure CS6 goes crazy after MAC OSX MAVERICKS...

• 17. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                          jhonn0 Level 1

I'm actually still running CS6 on Yosemite and it's been going just fine. Probably a few tiny hiccups but nothing even that much more crazy than how it ran on Mavericks.

Either way, this is a somewhat encouraging thread as I've been holding off on updating to El Capitan (and now Sierra) for fear that I'd be losing CS6 (would rather avoid CC as long as possible, otherwise considering non-Adobe alternatives). I know I have to update soon enough; I'm running a 2011 iMac that is still a ways off from needing replacement so I can't stay in Yosemite forever...

• 18. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                            kevinjoconner Level 1

Depending on the program you used—at least, that's my experience. Audition CS6 would no longer open when I installed El Capitan; instead, it crashed right after the splash screen appeared. I had to create a Yosemite partition so that I could still use it. InDesign CS6 functions, but is kind of temperamental—prone to "out of memory" errors, disappearing toolboxes, botched PDF exports (the type gets all screwy now and then), and outright crashes.

If I do decide to update to Sierra, I'll be re-installing my CS6 programs to that Yosemite partition. I hate the Creative Cloud subscription model, so I refuse to participate in it.

• 19. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                              davide47 Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and am desperate for an answer to this problem.

I installed Sierra last week and now Photoshop CS6 crashes every time I group windows together or when I close any file that isn't consolidated to the photoshop background (not sure what that's called when you stick a file to the top)

It does allow me to close a file if it is stuck to the top, but will still sometimes crash.

Here's a screenshot of what happens every time. OMG why did I update I feel so dumb, I just wanted to use the 'pic in pic' feature fml. Please can someone help me :/

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 1.14.18 PM.png

• 20. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                cldplyr Level 1

I have the exact same problem!!!! It keeps crashing every time I close (cmd+w) any file. I tried uninstalling and installing again and it doesn't seem to work. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

• 21. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                  TrinityGal Level 1

I'm sorry but Adobe forcing its users to pay a monthly fee to use the tools is absolutely ridiculous! Imagine if I bought a table saw, and the manufacturer turned around and decided that rather than selling it to me, he's going to forever charge me a monthly fee, just because of the promise to supply me with life time of upgrades with the newest technology.

Perhaps for a full time carpenter that might not be too bad of a deal, but for the home owner that wants the tool to work on home reno's and projects this is not a good deal at all! This is totally contrary to the era of "options"

There should still be an option for those that do not want to work on a cloud, and that want to purchase a full licence for a version without the monthly fee!

• 22. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra

That decision was made years ago, and won't change. There are plenty of people who are happy with a subscription. Adobe adds more people every month and are doing very well.

• 23. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                      VNewby2016 Level 1

I am in need of reinstall directions and guidance...

About a week ago my iMAC OS X MT. LION version stopped working and when taken to shop I was told part of my initial hard drive was damaged and no data could be recovered. They did get my iMAC up and running but of course it acts like a brand new computer now. I need to download the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Student and Teacher Edition I purchased last year through Adobe.com, but once I hit download for the suite software that was included in the bundle and I see the .dmg files for each (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) I try double-clicking to start the download to my hard drive and a message appears that states I need to download the Akamai NetSession Interface before the files will download.

What am I doing wrong and where within the Adobe.com website do I find this file to download first and foremost?

I have tried SEARCHING for the Akamai NetSession Interface file, but I am gathering that since the Creative Suite is outdated that this file is now unavailable for those of us not utilizing and running Creative Cloud now.

Please help as I have customers waiting on me to complete their expected designs.

Thank You!

Vnewby

• 24. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                        VNewby2016 Level 1

I forgot to mention that when I hooked up my iMAC back in my office I notice that my version of OS X had been upgraded to the OS X Sierra version.... is Creative Suite 6 compatible with this version of OS X?

Thanks!

VNewby

• 25. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                          VNewby2016 Level 1

I am in need of reinstall directions and guidance...

About a week ago my iMAC OS X MT. LION version stopped working and when taken to shop I was told part of my initial hard drive was damaged and no data could be recovered. They did get my iMAC up and running but of course it acts like a brand new computer now. I need to download the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Student and Teacher Edition I purchased last year through Adobe.com, but once I hit download for the suite software that was included in the bundle and I see the .dmg files for each (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) I try double-clicking to start the download to my hard drive and a message appears that states I need to download the Akamai NetSession Interface before the files will download.

What am I doing wrong and where within the Adobe.com website do I find this file to download first and foremost?

I have tried SEARCHING for the Akamai NetSession Interface file, but I am gathering that since the Creative Suite is outdated that this file is now unavailable for those of us not utilizing and running Creative Cloud now.

Please help as I have customers waiting on me to complete their expected designs.

Thank You!

Vnewby

PS:

I forgot to mention that when I hooked up my iMAC back in my office I notice that my version of OS X had been upgraded to the OS X Sierra version.... is Creative Suite 6 compatible with this version of OS X?

Thanks!

VNewby

• 26. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                            lcWed1136 Level 1

Hi, Could you solve the problem?

I have the same problem with the CTRL+W (close all files).

Thanks

• 27. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                              toppnotch Level 1

I think it is not fair that when I bought a license for almost 800 bucks I am now also going to have to pay 9.99 a month on top?

• 28. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

One time I had an Apple G3 400 Mhz model running Photoshop 7   After upgrading to OSX 10.5, it stopped working

installing/using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 |Official Apple Support Communities

The lesson here that if your software won't work on 10.12, downgrade to an OSX that will or install on another partition running a compatible OSX if you won't subscribe.

Adobe has announced CS6 will never be upgraded for future Operating systems, PC or Mac.

• 29. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                  cldplyr Level 1

I couldn't solve the problem. Apparently the only solution is either upgrade to CC or downgrade back to El Capitan.

• 30. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                    vahesag Level 1

I have  Indesign CS5.5 and Photoshop 5.1 as well as other Indesign 5.5 and Acrobat Pro X . Running on my iMac 10.9.5 Mavrick need to update to Sierra. Do you know if I do back up and upgrade my Adobe Product will still work. Or I need to upgrade to creative Cloud and pay them. I don't use them most of the time But I want to be able to open and still do some layout. and photo work. Do you know if I upgrade to Siera my word will not work? I have plug in works with Indesign to create Variable data. That is why I want to keep my indesign to 5.5 version. You can also email me at [personal information removed by moderator]

• 31. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra

Please read this thread: MacOS Sierra makes all Adobe products very slow?

If you are doing any kind of paying work, an upgrade may disable the software you rely on to do your job and I don't know how understanding your customers are of missed deadlines.

Mavericks broke many CS5 installs, so you will have to take that into account going to Sierra.

Gene

1 person found this helpful
                                                                      • 32. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                        LuSpi Level 1

I upgraded to CC and it does not work with Sierra either. So upgrading is not necessarily the solicitous.

• 33. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I upgraded to CC and it does not work with Sierra either.

Did you also update your Sierra to the very latest version?

Apple has issued bug fixes since Sierra first rolled out.

Nancy O.

• 34. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                            danielk88840451 Level 1

I find it frustrating I too updated from Yosemite to Sierra and have had nothing but problems. Software not compatible with new OS!

I use CS6 Illustrator and in Yosemite no problems whatsoever but have it crashing when opening files in illustrator. I can't back date to Yosemite as it won't install from App Store its not available.

Im trying to open a PDF file to edit as I find it easier to do than Acrobat DC etc but soon as I open it guess what it shuts down Illustrator.

It does says to delete the Adobe Prefs but I can't find it even tho I have unlocked the hidden files in Terminal.

Cheesed off doesn't come close

• 35. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                              carolync60050887 Level 1

Awesome. Thank you. It worked.

• 36. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                                stephenperennial Level 1

This worked! I'm in complete gratitude. Thank you.

• 37. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                                  yvesn68571918 Level 1

This worked very well! YOU MADE MY DAY !!!!

• 38. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra
                                                                                    TalonFlyer Level 1

I purchased a new MacBook Pro running Sierra. I was concerned about keeping my CS6 running as I don't use it much but it's great for many things that come up from time-to-time.

Following the instruction posted here, I was able to install CS6 from my original media without any issues.

1. Install Java 2015-001 as directed

2. Install CS6 by drilling down to the installer script as directed.

All works great, no issues at all so far . . . we'll except one.

How can I apply the updates to the latest version on the CS6 applications?  Does anyone know???

These are directly available from Adobe as separate installs, but nothing I've tried works.

The CC application manager appears not work for legacy software.  I even tried install an older application manager (v10) and it did not work.

I sure would like some ideas from this great brain trust here.  Just don't want to pay each month for occasional use.

• 39. Re: CS6 - MAC OS Sierra

Have you tried the same trick with the downloaded  updates installers as you did with the CS6 installer?

1 2 3 Previous Next