• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Os Sierra & Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware of any issues with Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 and Mac Os Sierra?

2015 MacBook Pro 15"

2,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016
  • OS X 10.12 "Sierra" is now listed as supported in Premiere Pro system requirements.
  • As usual, back up all major files before updating an OS.
  • We recommend that you avoid updating any OS unless you are between major projects.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question for Apple's "newest" Mac Pro, which I'm sure many video professionals use:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting consistent crashes.  It's totally busted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike - will hold off on installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, i would.  Could be a million things - the migration, the NVIDIA card in my mac pro - the humidity!  But it's totally FUBAR for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruan_Oberholster,

We haven't announced support for this version of OS X yet to my knowledege. OS X 10.11 is the latest Mac OS that is recommended: Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

It is not recommended that you install this OS on a production machine at this time.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this answer still valid? I just checked the requirements for Premiere Pro and it states "Mac OS X  v10.10, v10.11 or v10.12", and I'm sure Sierra is 10.12?

Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor form on their part. After Effects and Premiere don't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike_mike_motorbike,

You can work with our agents here: http://bit.ly/dva-support

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin!  Did just that.  They said she broken. I asked why it says it's compatible on the the adobe site and they hung up on me.

You should probably take down that compatibility info, 'cause for now it looks like it's saying things are good when they're not!

Screenshot 2016-10-26 15.10.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was the link i was given by tech support.  It contradicts the adobe site. Who to believe....

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2016/06/16/macos-10-12-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhotoNZ-Ltd,

Is this answer still valid? I just checked the requirements for Premiere Pro and it states "Mac OS X v10.10, v10.11 or v10.12", and I'm sure Sierra is 10.12?

Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

You are correct. The product team indicates that the OS is supported for current versions of Premiere Pro. That question was posed when the OS was still in beta (or newly released).

I would still recommend the usual cautions regarding updating an OS to a new major version. For example, it's probably best to do such a thing when you're between major Premiere Pro projects.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an incredibly frustrating. And not even for me - because Adobe is the reason i always buy a new hard drive and do a clean install before upgrading, because inevitably Adobe isn't ready on an OS launch. The fact that you guys were on stage last year at the keynote gives users the false comfort that you're ready for stuff like HUGE ios releases that have been in public beta for months.

Why act like the onus is on us to keep track of this stuff?  It's not like i can pause my CC subscription while i wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike_mike_motorbike,

Sorry for the frustration.

• inevitably Adobe isn't ready on an OS launch
  • you guys were on stage last year at the keynote
  • false comfort that you're ready for stuff

I don't know of an example of a NLE application that was ready in advance of an operating system launch (without unexpected behavior). Most editors I know expect to wait for a following release to expect any compatibility.

Why act like the onus is on us to keep track of this stuff? It's not like i can pause my CC subscription while i wait.

Unfortunately, the onus is on us as video editors because the craft is very hardware intensive, which makes our applications highly susceptible to OS and GPU driver issues. When OS or drivers are updated, you have to hold off and protect any existing project files until the coast is clear and the manufacturer has indicated as such. As a CC subscriber, and a video editor, you'll be faced with certain issues that are similar to this.

You do have some valid points, however, and it would be great to get your feedback along these lines here. I'll also share your feedback with the team.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Kevin.

I have no problem with you guys needing time to get it right - but when there's almost no documentation about where the process is (for example an email or pop-up on the CC interface in the task bar) it's almost safe to assume things are going smoothly! Lots of people have been using the public beta for months.

And it's not even for me - i did a clean install on a new drive - I just feel bad for the people getting burned. You're getting a lot more people in the mix because premiere is bundled with CC now. Like i said, all i'm really asking for is a head's up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sure would be nice to be that reactive, but I'm afraid we're just not there yet. That said, it sure would be nice not to have to worry about that. Make sure you include that feedback in your report.

Others will make the mistake, and that is a valid point that others will do the same if some warning does not stop them from doing so.

Thanks for making that point,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even just a post on the Premiere Pro Blog - we're looking into it, meantime don't upgrade. I mean yeah, editors need to just know this stuff, sure, but I don't think posting about it on the blog is that difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it was you on stage saying you were ready for the new OS then when everyone updated you pulled back that statement. Which is completely unprofessional. I have called customer service more times since Yosemite's launch then I have with adobe in my entire life because previous to that your products worked with no issues. Now there are 1000 bugs and problems and I am hesitant on even updating to your application updates because I am already anticipating disappointments from you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>inevitably Adobe isn't ready on an OS launch

Read https://blog.conradchavez.com/2016/06/16/macos-10-12-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/ where it mentions that Apple makes changes right up to the day a new version is placed on the Apple store

There is NO WAY a software company can be ready when the target keeps changing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna call BS on this, Kevin Monahan. You mean to tell us that no one at Adobe was in the Sierra beta program from DAY ONE testing to see what worked and what didn't? That as the beta went forward no one noticed any anomalies such as those described here? That no one at Adobe - one of the largest, most popular software makers in the world - doesn't have a relationship with Apple to the point where they can work with them to solve these issues before a major update like Sierra? I find that extraordinarily hard to believe. To leave thousands (millions?) of editors swinging in the wind because WE didn't do a check to see if there are compatibility issues is specious. The onus should NOT be on us editors/users, we don't make the software, we aren't privy to Apple's plans, but I'd bet dollars to donuts Adobe is. Premiere for me is now useless until you patch it. How in the world can your company even IMAGINE that this course of action is the correct way to treat customers who now pay MONTHLY to use Adobe kit? You should be so far out ahead of these problems that we - your customers - should never even have to wonder if there will be issues.

Bill Roberson

Digital Trends photo/video editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's habit of making these types of things the fault of the user is inexcusable.

I stopped using the adobe after effects forums because the attitude from moderators was always so combative.

The subscription system was sold to me as a sure fire way to keep up to date.  It makes it very hard to be sympathetic about this issue.

I mean I got a bong on my task bar today telling me about a sales seminar.  Cant those same marketing people send out updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I think about all this is that the idea that an OS update is a thing editors have to avoid - and I could be wrong - but I'm guessing it's Avid-related. I can't think of an iteration of Final Cut (beyond 6) where this was even a thought, and Premiere wasn't a player until FCPX. The thing about Avid is that from the software development/UX side, it's not what is expected in the year 2016. It's confusing, frequently stupid, and ugly. That said, Avid is extremely powerful and has a legion of devotees, and I have nothing against its capability, but it operates on the idea that only professionals should be able to use it, and that those professionals should know not to update until given the OK by virtue of the fact that they are professionals. For Adobe to adopt this attitude with respect to their update preparedness seems inconsistent with their attempts in recent years to attract editors of all skill levels. You should be testing throughout the beta, yes, but it's also true that the final release could introduce something unexpected. Which is why I think that at the very least, Adobe, you could be out with a post on launch day telling us you're working on it. Just so we know that it's even something you're dealing with, because that is, as we've seen here, not something that your users know. If I'm waiting on something from graphics and it's been a day, I'm gonna check in with my producer. Not because there's anything I can do, just to keep the ball in the air. Maybe take a second to keep the ball in the air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  there's so much time and energy spent on the pro-sumer nonsense (I'm looking at you gimicky iPad apps and character animator and flashimator) it's very hard to take that stance.

I've taken endless abuse from avid guys for switching them to premeire kicking and screaming. I hate having to apologize for this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matty,

you could be out with a post on launch day telling us you're working on it.

Good point. I'll bring that up with the team. Give them feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matty:

I just caught your thoughts about Avid Media Composer.  You know, about five years ago, I used to think it was really, really odd that the user interface of Media Composer hasn't really changed since 1995.  After what happened with Final Cut Pro, I was sharply reminded that if you make your living with a software application that the last thing that you want are extreme changes to the expected appearance and functionality.  It's not uncommon to find Avid based facilities that have not updated hardware and/or software unless absolutely necessary.  Further to that end, Avid support recommends running a configuration that matches what their support department uses (Media Composer System Requirements​) "for an optimal experience with Media Composer."

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines