3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 11:46 AM by Newsgroup_User

RSS Feed problem ?

anjiu Level 1
      I am using HTTPService to load xml data from a RSS Feed url. That RSS Feed is in a different server and not accessible to me. I can't cnage any thing there. So I have to find solution with in Flex. Now, when I send request from FlexBuilder for the RSS Feed both IE and Firefox works fine. But if I deploy my application in a container like tomcat it unable to get the xml raw data of the feed in IE, it gives me the html of the feed, but in Firefox it works fine. Using sniffers I found that when running from FlexBuilder I am getting the content-type as "text/xml" so it is returning me the raw xml but from tomcat I am getting content-type as "text/html", so I am getting the raw html.

I have tried to set the content type of the HTTPService to "application/xml" . but it does not work.

It will be very helpful if I get any pointer in this topic..
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: RSS Feed problem ?
          Level 7

"anjiu" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:go6dqj$h3d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am using HTTPService to load xml data from a RSS Feed url. That RSS Feed
          >is
          > in a different server and not accessible to me. I can't cnage any thing
          > there.
          > So I have to find solution with in Flex. Now, when I send request from
          > FlexBuilder for the RSS Feed both IE and Firefox works fine. But if I
          > deploy
          > my application in a container like tomcat it unable to get the xml raw
          > data of
          > the feed in IE, it gives me the html of the feed, but in Firefox it works
          > fine.
          > Using sniffers I found that when running from FlexBuilder I am getting the
          > content-type as "text/xml" so it is returning me the raw xml but from
          > tomcat I
          > am getting content-type as "text/html", so I am getting the raw html.
          >
          > I have tried to set the content type of the HTTPService to
          > "application/xml" .
          > but it does not work.
          >
          > It will be very helpful if I get any pointer in this topic..

The solution is to get the person who owns the service to put in a
          crossdomain.xml that allows you to access their service. If you can't do
          that, you will need to set up your own server to query their server and then
          pass the results to you. You can then put in the enabling crossdomain.xml
          on your own server.

• 2. RSS Feed problem ?
            anjiu Level 1
            Actually I am getting the crossdomain successfully. That is the reason that I can get the raw xml in Firefox successfully. IE is also getting the crossdomain. But when my application is deployed in tomcat, IE is unable to get the raw xml instead it is getting html and the reason is "content-type" in response.

The server is inaccessible means I cannot change anything in server code. May be this comment was confusing.
            • 3. Re: RSS Feed problem ?
              Level 7

"anjiu" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:go6ehi$i0k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Actually I am getting the crossdomain successfully. That is the reason
              > that I
              > can get the raw xml in Firefox successfully. IE is also getting the
              > crossdomain. But when my application is deployed in tomcat, IE is unable
              > to get
              > the raw xml insted it is getting html and the reason is "content-type" in
              > response.

Uh, ok.