20 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2017 6:19 AM by Willi Adelberger

Some of the fonts in my document are bold in places upon export to pdf

alliw15098289

I am helping a grant writer with a document. When we export to pdf, the font on the first page appears bolder than in other places. This occurs whether we export it on my computer (a mac) or his computer (a PC). I have read a bunch of forums and none of the suggestions have worked to fix it.  I'm using Indesign CC 2014 and I believer his is 2015. We are using the font open sans, regular, 12 point. I'm attaching a screen shot. This happens frequently at our nonprofit, but usually it happens upon printing. This time it is on the screen. Any help would be appreciated!

Here are some of the things I have tried:

- There is no transparency on the text box. I checked three times.

- The font does not have an outline.

- There is no other object the text box could be behind. It is already at the front.

- I copied the text into Word, erasing formatting and then putting it back in.

- I tried deleting the text box, creating a new one, and then putting the text with the content that had no formatting from Word back in the new text box

- I tried changing fonts and re-exporting - still the same thing.

- I couldn't find a clear formatting option in InDesign for the life of me.

- I couldn't find this material "paint content" brush people mentioned.

Here is a screen shot. The top font appears bold while the next page is normal.

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 10.47.13 AM.png