On Sunday,I was editing some photos,and all was working fine.Next thing,exporting was taking longer,then just stopped.I checked and saw there was a update to CC.I attempted to update,and it gave me error 1001.and just stopped loading CC,but LR and PS would load,but still had the same issue with LR.On Tuesday,I deleted the OOBE info and CC updated,then I updated LR to the latest.But still no exporting.So I deleted LR,reinstalled LR and updated the RAW application.And still having exporting issues.
I went thru this a few months ago,then the LR patch came out and it all worked normal.
Any info would help.
Please reset the Lightroom preferences back to default and check if that helps.
Press the shift + option keys immediately after you restart Lightroom, and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.
Also, let us know if its giving any specific error code while exporting the image to the external hard drive, have you tried changing the export location and check if that makes any differences.
It finally did an export,but it took 20+ minutes to do it.