1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 11:08 AM by Newsgroup_User

need your help with cuepoints!

mooneesh
      Hi there!
      I have a problem, I have to add subtitles to video, though I am new to adobe director and the project is done by another person... It is a cd project in three languages, for one language we have subtitles, but I could not get how developer has done it. There is a video imported as mpeg advance xtra. Cuepoints are added to that video. There are also png files with text in library which have the same names as those cuepoints, and when, for example, video plays in english, subtitles appear there, if in russian, there are no subtitles, and if in third language there are also no subtitles, and I have to fix this problem... To make it more clear here is a piece of code about those cuepoints:

global glang
      on cuePassed me, cuePointName1, cuePointName2, cuePointName
      sprite(56).member = cuePointName
      end

on ExitFrame me
      if glang = "eng" then
      sprite(56).visible = true
      else
      sprite(56).visible = false
      end if
      end

The difficult part for me is to understand how the sprite number 56, which holds subtitles, is connected with the sprite which holds video. How this sprite references those images to appear on the stage, and why this sprite does not reference any cast member (in property inspector in member tab next to member there is sth like this "---") and it does not have any behaviors...

I wish someone could suggest me a way out...
      I would really appreciate any help!
      Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: need your help with cuepoints!
          Level 7
          > global glang
          > on cuePassed me, cuePointName1, cuePointName2, cuePointName
          > sprite(56).member = cuePointName
          > end
          >
          > on ExitFrame me
          > if glang = "eng" then
          > sprite(56).visible = true
          > else
          > sprite(56).visible = false
          > end if
          > end
          >
          > The difficult part for me is to understand how the sprite number 56, which
          > holds subtitles, is connected with the sprite which holds video. How this
          > sprite references those images to appear on the stage, and why this sprite does
          > not reference any cast member (in property inspector in member tab next to
          > member there is sth like this "---") and it does not have any behaviors...

sprite(56) doesn't need any behaviors attached to it - the code above
          does everything required to monitor cuePoints in the MPEGAdvance sprite
          and alter the member sprite(56) displays accordingly. I don't know how
          better to explain it when you /appear/ to already have a grasp of what's
          going on. Maybe you should read the docs for 'on cuePassed'