6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2017 4:45 PM by Go2Rex

Lightroom Update stuck at 50%

peba1234

Problem: I have Lightroom 6, stand-alone version. The update through CC gets stuck at 50%.

Steps tried:

- Sign out/sign in of CC

- Adobe application cleaner, including uninstalling Lightroom

- Re-installation of Lightroom 2015 CC and conversion into Lightroom 6.0

I am stuck at Lightroom 6.0 now :-(

I am aware that this problem has been reported frequently but none of the proposed solutions worked for me.

I'm on a Mac running Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

I'd be thankful for any help,

Peter

• 1. Re: Lightroom Update stuck at 50%
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi peba,

Please use the below direct download link for Lightroom 6.7 update.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.7/setup.dmg

Note: Close all the running adobe application and then launch the update setup.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom Update stuck at 50%
            peba1234 Level 1

Hi Mohit,

thanks for the quick reply. But, ... I had tried that already.

What I get is

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 5.43.11 PM.png

I also tried rebooting and temporarily removing the Adobe Application Manager from /Application/Utilities to avoid the above error, but this resulted in a different error.

Any more ideas?

Peter

• 3. Re: Lightroom Update stuck at 50%
              peba1234 Level 1

OK, I uninstalled both the CC App and Lightroom, re-installed and tried updating as suggested, but to no avail again.

But here's what worked in the end: mounting the updater DMG and starting the updater manually from a terminal as root, i.e.,

$ sudo /Volumes/Lightroom-6.7.0-Update/AdobePatchInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobePatchInstalle r

All good now. Adobe, as a customer I'd appreciate if you could fix this.

Thanks

Peter

• 4. Re: Lightroom Update stuck at 50%
                Go2Rex Level 1

I have not been able to update Lightroom for several months due to this issue.  I have only a few hours here and there to devote to my hobby of Photography, and all of those hours have been spent trying to deal with Adobe's bugs.  Three chat sessions with support have failed to yield any help whatsoever.  The only help I've found is this thread, authored by people who don't get paid one red penny to provide support for Adobe products.

How messed up is that?  Customers ... paying customers ... are unpaid employees for the companies they pay for services.    The corporations, unable to believe their luck, nor the abject stupidity of the public at large, sell these unpaid employees to other customers as "support".

20 years ago, nobody would have believed this could happen.

"Wait, you mean I'm going to provide free support for a company, and not get paid anything?"

Yep.

This is our future with the "Cloud".  You won't be able to run the software you pay for, but boy oh boy does that money get debited each and every month.  Goes to show you, they can make things reliable when they want to.

2016-10-13 18:58:44.427 AdobeIPCBroker[9784:18989786] *** CFMessa

d 1100 (0x44c) 'Permission denied', port = 0x1703, name = 'com.ad

See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.

2016-10-13 19:00:44.584 AdobeIPCBroker[10683:18996693] *** CFMess

ed 1100 (0x44c) 'Permission denied', port = 0x1603, name = 'com.a

See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.

Money's still coming out of my account, though. 

I hope you guys get some of it.  At least you tried, which is way more than I can say for Adobe.  They just sit back and say "Have you asked our unpaid employees to help you yet?"

• 5. Re: Lightroom Update stuck at 50%
                  Go2Rex Level 1

Adobe, as a customer I'd appreciate if you could fix this.

ROFLMAO!!!!! 

Sorry, sorry, I just really thought your optimism was refreshing, and even a little cute.

See, I was once like you.  I figured "surely Adobe would appreciate my efforts in bringing their bugs to light, and will take care of them at once".

Ahhh, those were the days.  

I miss them.  Delusional and happy > Realistic and wise

• 6. Re: Lightroom Update stuck at 50%
                    Go2Rex Level 1

Well, It's February of 2017, and can you believe, I never got this working.  Even after completely stripping my machine of anything that even remotely said "Adobe" on it.  Seems like they hide files on your computer to protect themselves from somebody daring to use the bugs, I mean software, without paying.  In doing so, they make it so that those who *do* pay can't use it either, but eh, priorities, man, priorities. So many people get their identity from the products they use, that they'll take any and all abuse that's throw at them while justifying it the entire way, so it probably doesn't even effect the bottom line. We live in strange times.

In any event, I cut my personal losses with the "Creative Cloud", and in doing so ... made my entire system 800X more stable.  The stuff that Adobe runs in the background (as root no less) is every bit as stable as the stuff that runs in the foreground.  I was getting all manners of unstable behavior ... until I nuked every trace of the "cloud" from my machine ... at least all that I could find ... then it all went away.

My guess is that the rest of you are getting hurt by those background processes too, you probably just don't make the connection.  After all, you don't have to be using any Adobe software actively to get the bugs.  They're always there, running in the background, eating your CPU cycles, sucking your electricity, watching your every move, making sure you don't do anything that Adobe doesn't want you to do.  They see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake, they know when you're thinking about trying to get something for free, so don't even thinking about it!  It's their computer now, they're just letting you use it, so long as your using it for the right reasons.

Root access.  My oh my.

Photo editing software doesn't need to run as root.  Few commercial apps do, really.  If Adobe wants root on your machine, you can be sure of one thing.  It's not for your benefit.

"You wear a tinfoil hat!"

Ah yes, the timeless lure of mental opium.  Everyone who is uneasy about giving others root access to their machines is a paranoid schizophrenic.  Modern society's most potent anxiolotic.   You're not a paranoid schizophrenic, are you?  Of course you're not ... so type in that password.  Attaboy, last letter ... now back up, bend over, and let Adobe do it's thang ... that's right ... this is only going to hurt a little bit, but it's for your own good, you can never be too careful about those freeloaders ... you understand, right?  Of course you do, you're  a good consumer, so so good ... so very, very, very good ... unlike some of those other awful, awful ones.  You know, the crazy ones.

Some people, amirite?

Anyhey ...

Thanks for the help, those of you that offered it, and best of luck to you.

Seacrest out!