• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.2 does not sync with Kobo library

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to windows 10. Downloaded ADE 4.5.2 and authorised to sony reader for pc. ADE syncs OK with sony reader for pc and to sony reader pst1 but ADE does not sync with Kobo library. Uninstalled ADE and reinstalled but still does not sync to Kobo. Does anyone have any suggested solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be because Kobo does not appear in the drop down list of epub book vendors when authorising your computer? I have spent more than 1 hour with Adobe support on chat (mostly waiting) only to have the resolve that they do not know, as it is a technical issue and that I should go to technical forum and that is where the technical experts are. Who in Adobe actually knows about these software technical issues? Perhaps my solution is to cut my losses with Kobo and authorise my computer in ADE with another book vendor who is on the ADE list and purchase my books from that vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James8973987

I have the same set-up as you. just upgraded to win 10 except I can't link my ade to kobo because of wrong adobe id (which has been resoved). I followed the steps in:

kobo.com/help - Using Adobe Digital Editions

adding booka ro your eReader using ADE section

and it corrected my issue connecting my ade with kobo

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

addendum. Verifying the results.

I was able to use ADE to add books to my Kobo e-Reader but and still getting message that my Kobo is still not authorized by the ADE on the Kobo e-Reader.

Will this be good enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ADE 4.5.2, but the drop down list of devices (where I should be able to choose my Kobo e-reader)  does not appear on my computer. I have only file, library and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to Booktopia and download works perfectly as it used to with Kobo. Goodbye Kobo!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will do the same. It is hopeless. Kobo was the worst idea ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines