Do you have anything in your timeline to show?
Can we see your timeline?
Does it look different if you zoom to a zoom level of, say, 25%?
I already closed it. But also when I put a red solid and try to zoom in and out, I don't even see the red and the black won't change as well.
It is like a bug or something
please send a full screenshot of the whole interface and we will examine this oddity
change it to 100% and check these things and advance if the previous does not fix it:
1. what is your solid settings: layer - solid settings - make sure it's comp size (click "make comp size")
2. type UU on the solid to see any modified properties. if there are - reset them.
3. clear your cache: preferences -> media & disk cache-> clear cache both buttons
4. reset your preferences: Ctrl+Alt+Delete right after you launch the app - you will get a dialog - click o.k to reset
5. what is your exact Ae versions: full numbers. (help->about after effects)
I've After Effects version 184.108.40.206 And when I enter Ctrl+Alt+Delete I get a sort of a menu.
so you have gotten already to stage 3? kinda thought this will fix this. it's a timing thing. you have to click it right after you launch the App (click it twice) so be ready with Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click twice on the App and QUICK! with intent!
There is nothing happening when I do it. Even when I do it twice.
very well, guess we need to go commando here. in after effects preferences click here:
it will point you to this file
1. close after effects
2. rename the file and add Old to the name
3. open after effects new, and it will create a new file and appear with default preferences
we are in suggestion number 4! if this doesn't work proceed to 5 and let me add 6! - send the project file.