5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 5:21 PM by spinalman

Audio score not working

spinalman

In Premiere Elements 14 MacPro (Sierra), I dragged an included audio file to the timeline, but I get the error message "The score cannot be added as some audio files seem to be missing." This worked in the past. I just upgraded to Sierra.

• 1. Re: Audio score not working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is this a WAV file? If not, what audio format is it?

Is this music purchased from iTunes? iTunes music includes copy protection software that will block you when you try to add it to a video project.

Where did this audio file come from?

• 2. Re: Audio score not working
            spinalman Level 1

That's what's so unusual. The music is a built-in Elements audio track. The music downloads, but when I insert it into the timeline I get the error message.

• 3. Re: Audio score not working

It sounds like you may be talking Scores rather than an outside music clip. Is that the case?

If so, are you signed into Premiere Elements and do you have a good internet connection? The program will need to download any Score that has a blue flag over the upper right corner.

What happens if you right-click on one of the Scores and select Download All.

• 4. Re: Audio score not working

Well, you are using a brand new operating system -- and, particularly on Macs, that can be a problem.

But what happens when you first right-click on a Score file and select Download All?

• 5. Re: Audio score not working
                  spinalman Level 1

Lots of good ideas. Thanks.

They're called Scores then. I'm trying to bring in Aura. It has been downloaded. Re: Sierra, it's actually not the reason. I started a new project and brought Aura into it and the music played perfectly. When i bring it into the project I'm working on, there's no music. Just silence.

Okay, I just figured out something bizarre: Aura is the only score that doesn't work. But I can't download it again. I had originally downloaded Aura on 9/21, so I deleted all files in the Media Cache folder (the scratch disk location for media files) from that date. No change.

To test whether I still had the score, I started a new project and Aura plays as expected.

This is just goofy. Probably a one-time error. Not having that score is not going to stop my creativity!