22 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 3:38 AM by nal2us2

Dell M6600 with master collection CS5 Package PP and AE

nal2us2

I am considering using a Dell M6600 with my master collection CS5 Package. 

The reason for choosing a Dell M6600 and not a newer unit is the newer hardware and OS's seem to not be compatible with CS5 or at least there is no benchmark testing that proves consistency.   I am happy with CS5 and see no reason to keep, keeping up with the Jones's just to make some computer manufacturer and Adobe more money getting the latest greatest.

I have gone through alot of threads in this Forum and have come up with the following conclusions for what and what NOT to use.

Please give me your feedback as to whether or not I am on the right track before spending the money.

Windows

• Intel Core i7 2820QM Processor, (2820 is minimum i7 Processor)

style="margin-right:57.15pt;margin-bottom:2.3pt;margin-left:.5in;background:white"

• 16GB of RAM or More recommended (1333 Mhz only as 1600 Mhz wont be fully utilized by Dell M6600)
      • 1280x900 display (1280x1024 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM – Minimum Adobe-recommended GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance *
      • 1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive /512 MB SSD/eSata/USB 3.0 Dual Drive (Internal Only)
      • SDHC / SDXC / microSDHC/ SDXC Card Reader
      • Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model - Current
      • DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (DVD+-R burner for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)

*Avoid the following Video Cards:

NVIDIA Quadro 5010M

NVIDIA Quadro 5510M

Possible Good Choices for Video Cards:

NVIDIA  GeForce GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 options

NVIDIA Quadro 3000M

Absolute Minimum

GTX 660M or better with 1+ GB DDR5 memory

** Recommended External eSata Drives:

Caldigit

G-Tech

To prevent crashes from occurring make sure computer doesn’t have any of this software on board:

WinZip

CyberLink software

Kodak Share Button App

Logitech Webcam Software

ArcSoft software

Acronis True Image

iTunes

All Symantic software

Microsoft SeaPort Search Enhancement Broker or Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack or Bing Bar

Turn off Sharing in Windows Media Player

Snagit

Real Player

Start by killing all Apple processes, including mDNSResponder, iTunes, and Jusched and a lot of similar worthless processes.

Feedback anyone? 

Have I done my homework properly or am I missing something here?

The end goal is to get a hardware and software configuration that is as close to 100% reliable as possible when using Adobe PP and AE CS5.

Thanks all.