7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 9:23 PM by jheycie

Firefox-Plugin

TM3d
      "Dieser Vorgang kann für diesen Entwurf nicht ausgeführt werden. Der
      Entwurf ist ungültig, da eine Sperre aufgehoben wurde und der Entwurf
      möglicherweise bereits von einer anderen Instanz bearbeitet wurde.
      Contribute entfernt diesen ungültigen Entwurf von Ihrem Computer."

Welche Sperre? Welche Instanz? Wie kann ich aus Firefox bearbeiten?

Frohes Fest!

Greetings TM3d
        • 1. Re: Firefox-Plugin
          MacMuis
          "You can't perform this action on this draft. The draft is invalid because a lock has been broken and another instance might have already acted on the draft. Contribute will remove this invald draft from your machine"

He look, it says the same in English ;-)

I hoped the plugin would be a work-around for me since Contribute itself is absolutely responding too slow or not at all.
          No show, so far.

Happy holidays to you too, BTW

Ingrid
          • 2. Re: Firefox-Plugin
            m gupta
            Hi,
            Can you please try the workaround tech noted at http://www.adobe.com/go/kb408112 for the desktop client.
            1. Edit the same page in desktop client and then publish or discard the same.
            2. Edit the same page again in the browser using the Firefox plugin.

-m
            • 3. Re: Firefox-Plugin
              karindpowell Level 1
              I have a client who just upgraded to Contribute CS4 (as did I). He is using Safari version 3.2.1; Firefox 3.0.5; and Mac OS 10.4.11.

He was also getting that same message: "You can't perform this action on this draft. The draft is invalid because a lock has been broken and another instance might have already acted on the draft. Contribute will remove this invalid draft from your machine." and has been unable to publish his edited page.

I had him move the two files (see instructions for kb408112) to the Mac Trash Can. He then reopened Contribute CS4, edited the page and clicked Publish... but received the same error message. He's getting pretty frustrated and wants to put CS3 back on his computer so he can make the changes he needs/wants to make to his web page/s. What can I say?
              • 4. Re: Firefox-Plugin
                Shilpa_

1. Quit contribute and Clear the CS4 preferences.
                [(a) under "user/Library/Preferences" delete the file "Adobe Contribute 5 Preferences".
                (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS4" remove this folder ]

2. Rename the existing CS3 preferences.
                [(a) under "user/Library/Preferences" rename "Contribute 4.1 Preferences"
                (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS3" rename this folder.]

3. Launch CS4 and freshly connect to the website.

4. Create a new page and Publish.

5. Now edit the same page in Contribute and Publish again. – Does this work? If yes then edit the same in Browser.

Hope this helps in solving the issue.

• 5. Firefox-Plugin
                  karindpowell Level 1
                  It's a "no go".

See below for an explanation of "2b", "1b" and "5"...
                  My client (the one with the MAC) tried the suggested steps below. He says, "There wasn't a '2b' so I put '1b' back. Tried to do '5' and I got the same "draft is corrupt" error and it bounced out and took me to a new starting place....so it's still acting the same as before.... R.B.
                  **************************************************************
                  1. Quit contribute and Clear the CS4 preferences.
                  [(a) under "user/Library/Preferences" delete the file "Adobe Contribute 5 Preferences".
                  (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS4" remove this folder ]

2. Rename the existing CS3 preferences.
                  (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS3" rename this folder.]

5. Now edit the same page in Contribute and Publish again. – Does this work? If yes then edit the same in Browser.
                  • 6. Re: Firefox-Plugin
                    Shilpa_ Level 1
                    By retaining back the old preferences it stands in the same situation.
                    The step 1 is required. But Step 2 is dependent on Contribute CS3 exists or not.

1. Quit contribute and Clear the CS4 preferences. So that a new clean preferences for Contribute CS4 are created freshly.

2. Rename the existing CS3 preferences. If you do not have Contribute CS3 then ignore this step.

• 7. Re: Firefox-Plugin
                      jheycie
                      lock files are being created everytime you would edit a page so other users wont be able to alter the same page.
                      there will be a corresponding file with a .LCK extension for every file that is being edited.

If you are having issues editing the file and no body else is editing it, try to delete the .LCK file on your server and see if that will help you edit the page again.