1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 1:08 PM by bryans72134461

Need format: Windows shortcut to open .pdx file and also display start page

bryans72134461

I have a large collection of PDF reference materials loaded locally to a business continuity PC to use during a downtime.  Not all users are sophisticated enough to navigate advanced search capabilities in order to find their documents.  Double clicking on a .pdx file opens advanced search and queues things up nicely.  I would like to take the next step and also present a start page along with the advanced search window which explains a bit about using the advanced search capabilities.  Looking for something like this that works:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe" /A "search=startpage" "C:\Users\Downtime\ProductPDFs.pdx"

The idea being to whip the user right into advanced search and queue up a help page.  Of course I can create a separate icon to open the help page by itself, but I was asked to provide a single icon given that use of this tool will always occur in very stressful situations.  I am by no means an expert, perhaps others have an idea of how to do this or a different workflow that accomplishes the same thing.  Thank you.