2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 8:43 PM by WyattMiller22

Why does my glow loose quality after dynamic link to premiere?

WyattMiller22

What it looks like in After Effects: http://image.prntscr.com/image/8fb4bf7a2b884ee98dd66813833241a4.png

What it looks like in Premiere after importing: http://image.prntscr.com/image/06d15c827c224b34a98f6f4b78308990.png

I looks noticeably worse and I cannot use it.

It's probably worth mentioning that I'm not just using the normal glow, I am using Red Giants Universe 2.0: Edge Glow. Not sure if that makes too much of a difference, as I am fairly new at this.

Any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Why does my glow loose quality after dynamic link to premiere?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

compare.jpg

First - they are different sizes which means that the magnification factor in AE and Premiere Pro was different so the interpolation of the pixels between AE's pixel based CPU rendering and Premiere's Mercury playback engine.

Second, there may be a difference in the way the effects looks in AE because you may be working in AE at a different bit depth.

If you really want to compare you need a full resolution render from AE and Pro using the AME (Adobe Media Encoder) instead of a comparison between the Render Cue / Output Module and the AME.

There also could be color management issues, but we don't know anything about the settings you were using.

I usually render everything that has more than a very simple effect that I"m going to use in Premiere Pro. I do not trust Dynamic complex effects. It's a very good way to get n edited clip into AE, but, as I said before, in my personal experience you are always better rendering the output and replacing the shot in Premiere Pro. I personally think it's going to be that way until both AE and Premiere use the same rendering engine.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why does my glow loose quality after dynamic link to premiere?
            WyattMiller22 Level 1

Thank you for your help! I was overthinking things.