• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 19 to 23 XP installation problem

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the FlashPlayer 23 update to install having downloaded it twice following prompts on the monitor.

It downloads as: flashplayer23au_ha_install

When I double click on it, nothing happens.

I do have a version of Flash Player that works if i activate it. It could be FP19 or FP18. Both they and earlier versions were downloaded

I just clicked on FP19 and got the Run option, clicked it, and got a Installation Error message, but imagine that is OK if it is already installed

When I used this Adobe website, about 30 minutes ago,  to check my version it seemd to state that  I have Flash Player 21 but I don't.

Do I need to download any other files such as FP 20, 21, and 22 and, if so, where are they?

Or is there another answer?

The gap in me downloading FP's 20, 21, 22 was because I was having problems with my computer over several months that my ISP sorted out.

I use Windows XP and Firefox..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Service Pack, if any, do you have installed on XP?

The online installers are signed using a sha256 certificate which is only supported on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.  If you don't have Service Pack 3 you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, but there is no guarantee that it'll work, due to the same reason.  You're best option is to upgrade to a newer supported (by Microsoft) operating system, or at minimum, if not installed, install Service Pack 3 (if you can find it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines