8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2016 10:37 PM by Abambo

When import a photos...

Adithetos photoGRaphy

i don't know how to explain this in english, but look this and you will understand me!

Before...

Στιγμιότυπο 2016-09-24, 1.58.14 μμ.png

...and after few seconds!!

Στιγμιότυπο 2016-09-24, 1.58.25 μμ.png

Before last update at lightroom, i had not this change!!! I shooting from my Nikon D810 in flat raw mode!

Did know someone why do it that and how can i fix it? THANK YOU!

• 1. Re: When import a photos...
          dj_paige Level 9

This is probably the situation where Lightroom first shows you a JPG preview that is embedded in the file; and then after a few seconds it renders the RAW photo and displays that.

This is normal behavior for Lightroom and cannot be turned off.

If you don't like the second photo (the actual RAW photo) as much, you can create a preset which is applied at the time of import to make the RAW image more pleasing.

• 2. Re: When import a photos...
            Adithetos photoGRaphy Level 1

Thank you dj_paige for your answer, but as i say, this not happen before last update...
            Before, when i take a photo with "Flat picture profile"

IMG_3615.JPG

IMG_3614.JPGIMG_3617.JPGIMG_3613-copy.jpg

when they come in lightroom, made no change! He appeared as the back of the camera. FLAT like this:
            Στιγμιότυπο 2016-09-24, 1.57.26 μμ.png
            now it have huge difference! and i do not nothing, just update the Lightroom with last version!

• 3. Re: When import a photos...
              Abambo Level 4

Look into the camera profiles you use during import. May be the update did reset the profile to default.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: When import a photos...
                Adithetos photoGRaphy Level 1

You mean in this point:

Στιγμιότυπο 2016-09-24, 8.16.07 μμ.png

it is always at "None"

• 5. Re: When import a photos...
                  ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

In the Develop module, see the Camera Calibration panel on lower right.

It is possible that you previously had a default preset used for importing that contained your Camera Calibration profile. The update may have reset the default back to "no preset".

Keep in mind that your Picture Control settings in the camera are only read by the Nikon software. All other post processing software ignores them.

• 6. Re: When import a photos...
                    dj_paige Level 9

Adithetos photoGRaphy wrote:

Thank you dj_paige for your answer, but as i say, this not happen before last update...
                    Before, when i take a photo with "Flat picture profile"

I don't know what a "Flat picture profile is". Could you explain that?

• 7. Re: When import a photos...
                      Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

He showed it in the back of the camera shots above. They are Nikon Picture controls, basically rendering styles for the raw files and comparable to Canon's Picture Styles. They don't do anything to the raw data but are just instructions on how to render the raw data that only Nikon software understands. In Lightroom you can get the same effect by setting the camera profile to the profile with the same name (Camera Flat in this case). If the original poster always shoots using the Flat picture style, to always get similar default rendering in Lightroom from the start, it might make sense to set this profile as the default (hold option/alt and the reset button will change into Set default - > choose only the calibration section) for the camera. Now all raw files from that camera will be rendered in the flat picture style by default. Note that this doesn't change anything in the raw data. You can choose to render any raw file using any camera profile.

camera profile.jpg

• 8. Re: When import a photos...
                        Abambo Level 4

No! Look at Jao vdL's post. That's what I mean.