3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 7:58 PM by mk_ananth

Calling Flash player's Zoom In and Out menus

mk_ananth
      Hi every one,
      I am in need to Zoom In and Out the Image control in my application. Just resizing the Image or applying Zoom effect will affect the quality of the Image(I mean clarity) and so the content is not very clear. But the flash player's Zoom in and out functionality is doing it better. So please help me on "How to call the Zoom In & Out functions of Flash player for particular portion of my application?".

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Calling Flash player's Zoom In and Out menus
          mk_ananth Level 1
          Hello Friends!
          I am still working with this problem. I don't find any solution. If I resize the Image control fastly it shows me black screen when it reaches some size, but it is not a Maximum size. I don't know the Max Size of the control in Flex. I have resized the Image slowly up to 63837 X 41249 with out any problem.
          I am using Flash player 10 and Flex SDK 3.2 and this is adobe AIR application. The images will be 14000 X 10000 in size. I just need to Zoom In and Out Images. Please help me.

Please help me on this.
          • 2. Re: Calling Flash player's Zoom In and Out menus
            sbaldizz
            I had a similar problem... i think that the stage is 8192x8192px, if a scaled item exceeds this border it does not appear (or is rendered poorly...). If the element has a negative x (large enough) can be viewed... (I think because width + negative x < 8192)

I do not know if this is correct or helpful ...
            • 3. Re: Calling Flash player's Zoom In and Out menus
              mk_ananth Level 1
              Yes, you are right(width + negative x < 8192). So I have sliced that image into small tiles and loaded them in small image containers(500 x 500) but still I am facing the memory issue( when I minimize the application it just went off)... How do we load a large & high resolution image and make zoom in and zoom out operations on that image?