2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2016 6:24 AM by ellemar

Help with My Buying Buddy Real Estate Widget

ellemar Level 1

Hi,

I am working with a client who needs My Buying Buddy's widget on her website. I have everything set up and working but there is a glitch with text getting squished, the people at MBB are telling it is because I am using "!important" in my script; please see this excerpt form the page resources, museutils.js:

};

Muse.Utils.getNaturalWidth = function(b) {

var a = -1;

b.naturalWidth !=

null ? a = b.naturalWidth : b.runtimeStyle ? (b.runtimeStyle.width = "auto", b.runtimeStyle.height = "auto", b.runtimeStyle.borderWidth = "0", b.runtimeStyle.padding = "0", a = b.offsetWidth, b.runtimeStyle.width = "", b.runtimeStyle.height = "", b.runtimeStyle.borderWidth = "", b.runtimeStyle.padding = "") : (b = b.cloneNode(!0), b.className = "", b.style.width = "auto !important", b.style.height = "auto !important", b.style.borderWidth = "0 !important", b.style.padding = "0 !important", a = b.width);

return a

};

Muse.Utils.getNaturalHeight = function(b) {

var a =

-1;

b.naturalHeight != null ? a = b.naturalHeight : b.runtimeStyle ? (b.runtimeStyle.width = "auto", b.runtimeStyle.height = "auto", b.runtimeStyle.borderWidth = "0", b.runtimeStyle.padding = "0", a = b.offsetHeight, b.runtimeStyle.width = "", b.runtimeStyle.height = "", b.runtimeStyle.borderWidth = "", b.runtimeStyle.padding = "") : (b = b.cloneNode(!0), b.className = "", b.style.width = "auto !important", b.style.height = "auto !important", b.style.borderWidth = "0 !important", b.style.padding = "0 !important", a = b.height);

return a

};

I have no idea how to remove this !important so the widget works correctly. Is there anyone who might be able to help me.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Help with My Buying Buddy Real Estate Widget
          David Asch Adobe Community Professional

The code is generated by Muse when you publish the site. The only way to remove it would be to edit the code once it's uploaded.  You would also need to edit it every time You publish, as it would be overwritten. I definitely wouldn't recommend it, though, as you would probably break the rest of your design.

The easier fix fix would be to use the !important tag in the CSS in the plugin you're using, if that's possible. Its purpose is to force an override to any style defined elsewhere.

I hope this helps.

David

Creative Muse

• 2. Re: Help with My Buying Buddy Real Estate Widget
            ellemar Level 1

Thank you David.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Will forward your message to the person at MBB, in an email he specifically requested not use !important tag because it breaks their widget. I hope that they can fix this on their end to make it easy for us web design neophytes to work with Muse.

Kind regards

Elena