6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2016 11:49 PM by John Waller

Free Trial

jayh59737125

Am I able to used any of the editing tools during the free trial?

• 1. Re: Free Trial
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

During the free trial you have unlimited access to everything Lightroom has to offer. There are no restrictions whatsoever. It is only a seven day trial. And if you are trying it out and considering to buy the standalone license there will be features that you will have during the trial that will not be available after you purchase your Lightroom 6 license.

• 2. Re: Free Trial
            jayh59737125 Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply, Jim. Seems odd that features decrease upon purchase. Any explanation for that?

Thanks,
            Jay

• 3. Re: Free Trial
              Bob Somrak Level 6

ALL the features are in the CC version so if you want them you will have to do the 10 Dollar a month plan.  The Lightroom 6 standalone version has the features that were there when Lightroom 6 was released.  The explanation is "pay more/get more" but considering you get all the features in Lightroom and also the FULL Photoshop in the CC version I think it is the deal of the century. 

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Free Trial
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I certainly agree that the monthly plan that includes both Lightroom and Photoshop is an excellent value. I just think it's unfortunate that those who do the trial and then purchase a standalone license are disappointed because some features are "missing". The fact is that those features were never part of Lightroom 6.

• 5. Re: Free Trial
                  Bob Somrak Level 6

I TOTALLY agree with that.  Adobe has not done a very good job of  making this VERY clear during the trial or more importantly during the purchase process.

• 6. Re: Free Trial
                    John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Agreed. It is bordering on misleading conduct by Adobe.

Adobe don't clearly spell out that people are trialling fully-featured Lightroom CC.

Then they either purchase Lightroom 6 (less features) or subscribe to CC to get everything they have trialled.