3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 9:48 AM by Akash Sharma

Import/Sync size

jnwbr Level 1

If I import a DNG file from my camera roll in to LR Mobile for syncing to my desktop, then process it on the desktop, is the version then updated on my phone in LR mobile just a smart preview at that point? Or a full size edited DNG?

I notice that the imported version on the desktop appears to be a full size DNG (12mb) so would exist that large in both places?

If it is a smart preview, would an export of the edited photo back to the camera roll form LR Mobile be an export of the smart preview?

• 1. Re: Import/Sync size
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Jnwbr,

If I import a DNG file from my camera roll in to LR Mobile for syncing to my desktop, then process it on the desktop, is the version then updated on my phone in LR mobile just a smart preview at that point? Or a full size edited DNG?

To my knowledge,The imported DNG file from Camera roll once synced to your desktop will become a Smart preview, but once you made change on the image they are updated in Lr mobile on the DNG file so the image on mobile will remain a Full sized DNG.

I notice that the imported version on the desktop appears to be a full size DNG (12mb) so would exist that large in both places?

The DNG file if supported would remain the same size in both Lr desktop and mobile.

Regards,

Akash

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Import/Sync size
            jnwbr Level 1

Akash Sharma wrote:

Hi Jnwbr,

To my knowledge,The imported DNG file from Camera roll once synced to your desktop will become a Smart preview, but once you made change on the image they are updated in Lr mobile on the DNG file so the image on mobile will remain a Full sized DNG.

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify: The DNG is a Smart preview on the phone once synced to the desktop. Then if the DNG is edited on the desktop it returns to a full size DNG on the phone in LR mobile?

• 3. Re: Import/Sync size
              Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Correct, the DNG on Mobile is connected via Cloud to the Smart Preview of the same file synced on your Desktop.So all the changes will update automatically on original DNG on your mobile

~Akash