• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HP Solutions refuses to run with Flash Player 23.0.0.162 on windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently noticed a problem recently with Adobe Flash Player, as well as Adobe AIR, on my laptop. I have Windows 10, and I use an HP-brand laptop.

-HP Solutions refuses to run due to an error message "Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed."  This should not be happening because I already checked what Adobe FP version I have on Internet Explorer and it's 23.0.0.162.

-As for Adobe AIR, multiple video games on my laptop have begun receiving the error message "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found."

- When I tried to install Adobe AIR, it also received the message "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found." I need Adobe AIR to install Adobe AIR?

I have already tried searching for solutions, and nothing appears. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash. Coming here was my last resort.

<moderator edit: modified title to more accurately reflect issue>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll escalate the issue with HP Solutions Center. Although, this may be an issue with HP Solutions Center.  If you haven't done so, I recommend contacting them regarding this.

For the Adobe AIR issue, please post to the Adobe AIR  forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the following:

• Assuming you have a 64-bit operating system, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    • If you have a 32-bit operating system, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW32\Macromed\Flash
  • move the mms.cfg file to the desktop
  • open the mms.cfg file in notepad, or other text editor
  • add the following line to the mms.cfg file (in its own line): EnableInsecureLocalWithFileSystem=1
  • save the file
  • move the file back to the ~\Macromed\Flash directory from the 1st step
  • Open HP Solutions

Does it work or still fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this is a problem with HP Solutions Center.  While Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer and Edge on Win10, it's a built-in component of those browsers, not a distinct application.  It's not available for third-party applications to embed (at least not in the same way).

This has actually been the case since Windows 8.0 shipped, which is a couple years now.  Given that this issue isn't new, I'm guessing the software is either at its end of life, a newer version of this software available that fixes this for current operating systems, or it's something that HP will need to remediate themselves by either fixing their detection logic on Win8 and higher and/or using alternate technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines