2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2016 10:47 AM by hdinin

Lightroom CC 2015.7 Mac Cannot See Outlook 2016 as email for export

hdinin

Lightroom CC 2015.7

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Microsoft Outlook 2016 v.15.26.1

Attempting to export an image by email using the LR Export function no longer works.

Lightroom says it sees "Entourage" as the email client to use (Entourage is not on this machine, or any machine I own), and refuses to send email as it cannot find Entourage.
      Lightroom will not validate a separate record for Outlook. It apparently cannot make a valid connection with the server.

Other inquiries in the forum and other references online with similar problems in the past, including Lightroom 5.7 and El Capitan point to a bug in Lightroom.

Can anyone confirm? Can anyone shed light on this problem or inform as to a possible solution from Adobe. I cannot and will not use another mail client, least of all Apple Mail.

All other applications operating under the same OS on this machine recognize Outlook as the default mail client, which is how it is set in Apple Mail preferences as prescribed by Apple.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 Mac Cannot See Outlook 2016 as email for export
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Somewhere in the Mac OS X preferences, more than likely under the Mail section or maybe in the Mac imcluded mail program, there is an option for what is the default email program to use. You have to select Outlook. This just a guess as I haven't used a Mac in years.

Then restart your Mac and then LR and test.

IIRC this is the second post I've seen about this so it might be a bug in the new OS X version or in LR.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 Mac Cannot See Outlook 2016 as email for export
            hdinin Level 1

Perhaps you missed it in the last sentence in my query. Outlook is already set as the default. I did this twice, once with the iCloud connection switched off (this apparently has been a problem in prior versions of El Capitan). So, sorry to say, your advice does not apply.

I am sure it is a bug in Lightroom, or a bug in Lightroom under El Capitan (which still makes it Adobe's problem). As all other applications recognize Outlook as the default mail program when invoked, I doubt the problem is being caused by Apple.