2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 9:00 PM by royb66189433

Premiere 14 will burn DVD but will not burn Blu Ray. On the same computer Premiere 11 has no problem burning DVD or Blu Ray. Question. Why dooes 14 not work. What can I do

royb66189433

Can anyone help on why my up loaded premiere 14 will not burn Blu Ray but will burn DVD yet Premiere 11 on the same machine has No problem burning Blu Ray or DVD. ? Thank you. RB

• 1. Re: Premiere 14 will burn DVD but will not burn Blu Ray. On the same computer Premiere 11 has no problem burning DVD or Blu Ray. Question. Why dooes 14 not work. What can I do
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you using?

What brand of computer are you using (HP, Dell, etc.)? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site and installed the drivers from the HP, Dell, whatever web site's support page? Sometimes the drivers Windows installs are not as effective -- especially if you have recently upgraded to Windows 10.

There may be other factors, but we'll need a lot more information in order to troubleshoot deeper.

• 2. Re: Premiere 14 will burn DVD but will not burn Blu Ray. On the same computer Premiere 11 has no problem burning DVD or Blu Ray. Question. Why dooes 14 not work. What can I do
            royb66189433 Level 1

In reply to Steve

(A ) The computer is a Samsung 70067C with intel i7 36100M 2.3 Ghz; Nvidia Ge Force GTX 675M version 369.09: RAM 16 GB;

and with 698 GB on drive C and 698 GB on 2 HDD. Hope I have all this correct.

(B) I was running Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 without any problems.  The computer is  only used for video editing

(C) I up dated to Windows 10 and noted that Premiere Elements 14 was specifically designed for Windows 10 and hence  I decided to upload PE14

(E) After the above post ; I did the following

(I) Updated Quicktime to version 7.7.9

(ii) Updated the Nividia GeForce GTX 675 M software

(iii) Turned Off " Use hardware acceleration " which is under General in preferences in the Edit section

(F) I am very happy to report that Premiere Elements 14 NOW burns DVD and BLU Ray. Which of the three factors is responsible I do not know but all is well . A 2 hour edited video was at risk so I was concerned and need to resolve the problem.

NOTE. In PE14 my perception is that the resolution or clarity of the clips in the monitoring screen area is higher than PE13 and the clarity of the final burned Blu Ray is excellent. Down loading the media clips is also faster.

PS In PSE 14 the Time stretch option is in the Clip section whereas in PSE13 the time stretch is in the pull down menu which is much easier to access. Is there way you can change the location of the time stretch option from the clip section to the pull down menu?

Finally, thank you for your reply.  I very much appreciated your reply from one who is constantly wanting to edit rather than trouble shoot problems

R. Bickerstaffe:  NZ