3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2016 6:00 PM by D.A.R

Image Size

richardl40003076

Down loading images from my 5D Mark11 To Lightroom all comes out as 21 MB size even if it was shot at a higher resolution what is answer  

• 1. Re: Image Size
          dj_paige Level 9

What higher resolution was it shot at?

MB is not a direct reflection of "resolution". Why is 21 MB a problem?

When you import the photo into Lightroom, there are no changes made to "resolution" or to MB. Whatever you are seeing with respect to "resolution" and MB are exactly what the camera produces.

• 2. Re: Image Size
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How do you believe  that you shot at a higher resolution? But there is no relationship between resolution and file size.

• 3. Re: Image Size
              D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

In the Library module, select an Image and press the "e" (loupe) key to view a single image.

Then press the "i" key until you see some information as shown here:

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.54.21 PM.png

NOTE. You may need to press the "i" key more than once. It cycles through 3 options.

Let us know what the pixels dimensions are. That is the resolution of your file. This happens to be a 5D MKII file, full resolution, un-cropped. As you know the 5D MkII can shoot 3 different resolutions.

The "weight" of the file in the finder is 23MB. Files will vary around the 21-23MB mark depending on content.

Let us know if this helps