5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 3:36 AM by yorrd

Relative URIs not supported - with an absolute URI

yorrd

I'm trying to achieve something alone these lines, downloading a file.

new FileTransfer().download(
        downloadPath,
         "cdvfile://localhost/temporary/test/",
         (entry) => {
        console.log("done downloading to " + entry.toURL());
         },
         true, // trustAllHosts
         {headers: {}}
      );

Testing is done on Android using the newest version of cordova, the file plugin and the file transfer plugin.

The error (which I assume is because of the file path "cdvfile://localhost.../") is as follows

E/PluginManager( 7657): Uncaught exception from plugin

E/PluginManager( 7657): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relative URIs are not supported.

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.CordovaResourceApi.assertNonRelative(CordovaResourceApi.java:452)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.CordovaResourceApi.remapUri(CordovaResourceApi.java:135)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.filetransfer.FileTransfer.download(FileTransfer.java:743)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.filetransfer.FileTransfer.execute(FileTransfer.java:185)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.CordovaPlugin.execute(CordovaPlugin.java:98)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.PluginManager.exec(PluginManager.java:133)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.apache.cordova.CordovaBridge.jsExec(CordovaBridge.java:59)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.crosswalk.engine.XWalkExposedJsApi.exec(XWalkExposedJsApi.java:40)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.chromium.base.SystemMessageHandler.nativeDoRunLoopOnce(Native Method)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at org.chromium.base.SystemMessageHandler.handleMessage(SystemMessageHandler.java:37)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)

E/PluginManager( 7657):     at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

(from the adb logcat)

I can't make any sense out of this because until now I believed, that the URI for the target directory I'm using, in fact IS an absolute one. Also, the docs suggest using the function just like I did.

Thanks for any advice.

• 1. Re: Relative URIs not supported - with an absolute URI
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

What version of Android are you testing on?

Also, what does `downloadPath` look like?

• 2. Re: Relative URIs not supported - with an absolute URI
            VectorP Level 4

...and what file-transfer plugin are you using (the file plugin is integrated and thus not separately needed)?

It looks like you're using ancient plugins from the pgb repo.

• 3. Re: Relative URIs not supported - with an absolute URI
              yorrd Level 1

Android version is 5 (vanilla) with the crosswalk renderer. I thought there are no differences o.o

downloadPath = "http://domain.com:12345/download/zipped/test.zip"

• 4. Re: Relative URIs not supported - with an absolute URI
                yorrd Level 1

I'm using meteor and added the plugin doing "meteor add cordova:cordova-plugin-file-transfer@1.6.0" and "cordova:cordova-plugin-file@4.3.0" which - to my knowledge - ist the last version, updated just 2 weeks ago.

Until two minutes ago I didn't even know that there is a pgb repo

• 5. Re: Relative URIs not supported - with an absolute URI
                  yorrd Level 1

VectorP kerrishotts

I just found this in the build logs when building the Android application. Is it related?

%% "cordova-plugin-compat" is required by (cordova-plugin-file) and cannot be removed (hint: use -f or --force) and cannot be removed (hint: use -f or --force)

(node) warning: possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 error listeners added. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit.

Trace

at TLSSocket.addListener (events.js:239:17)

at TLSSocket.Readable.on (_stream_readable.js:680:33)

at Request.<anonymous> (/home/git/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.1_1.275oit++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web. cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_m odules/npm-registry-client/lib/request.js:153:7)

at emitOne (events.js:77:13)

at Request.emit (events.js:169:7)

at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/home/git/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.1_1.275oit++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web. cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_m odules/request/request.js:791:10)

at emitOne (events.js:82:20)

at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:169:7)

at tickOnSocket (_http_client.js:523:7)

at onSocketNT (_http_client.js:535:5)

at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:442:9)

at process._tickCallback (node.js:356:17)