0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 7:47 AM by sr48262525

Adding Google Adwords - Call Conversions

sr48262525

Hi

I've been asked to add Google Call conversion code to a website. It looks like I can easily add step 5 in to the head tag, but I don't know how to call the phone number in step 6 if the number is already in a standard text frame.

Can this be done?

thanks

Shane

GOOGLE ADWORDS

WEBSITE CALL CONVERSIONS

HOW TO IMPLEMENT

5. Install the website call conversion tag on your website bypasting it between the <head> and </head> tags or in the beginning of the body of the pages that display your phone number.

6. Create a phone number tag to display the phonenumber using the following syntax:

_googWcmGet(target,business_number,options)

target - Either a CSS class name or a callback function.

• If target is a CSS class name, all elements of that class willhave their contents replaced with a formatted telephone number.

• If target is a function, it will be invoked with two arguments.The first argument is the formatted telephone number. The second argument is the number in a format suitable for links (e.g. ‘18001234567’).

business_number - Your business phone number.

options - An optional object with two possible options:

• timeout - Maximum time in milliseconds that is allowedfor retrieving a number. If a number cannot be fetched within this time, no number is sent to the target. The default timeout is 5000 ms.

• cache - Set to false to disable caching of the retrievednumber in a cookie.

7. Add the phone number tag to the body of your page.We recommend that you put the call to _googWcmGet() in onload handler of <body> section (see examples on the next page). This ensures that the target element is available when the function is called. If you put the _googWcmGet() call within a script tag in the <body> section, then ensure that it’s placed after all the target elements.

8. Repeat on every page where you’d like to track website call conversions.