4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 12:13 PM by Newsgroup_User

Compiling flex files

funandlearning333 Level 1
      Hello all,

Currently, I am working on a coldfusion project. I have some mxml files in the project folder under wwwroot. Can anyone suggest me what is the correct way of opening those files in Flex builder and compiling those files? I mean what would be the workspace, or do I need to create a new flex project? It would be great if anyone can suggest me the steps to follow

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Compiling flex files
          Level 7

"funandlearning333" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:go50jk$n83$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello all,
          >
          > Currently, I am working on a coldfusion project. I have some mxml files in
          > the
          > project folder under wwwroot. Can anyone suggest me what is the correct
          > way of
          > opening those files in Flex builder and compiling those files? I mean what
          > would be the workspace, or do I need to create a new flex project? It
          > would be
          > great if anyone can suggest me the steps to follow

Yourbest bet would be to make a new project just to see what you get, and
          then you should have a much better idea of what goes where.

• 2. Compiling flex files
            Augus H
            You can try make new project with the same name with the mxml file on flex builder, then you can copy & paste the mxml file from wwwroot to the src folder.
            • 3. Re: Compiling flex files
              funandlearning333 Level 1
              Thanks for the reply. But when I create a new project, the wizard has many features. I have selected Coldfusion as server technology and coldfusion flash remoting for the remote object access services. after entering all the details I keep getting this, error:

Invalid root. The WEB-INF/flex folder must contain either flex-config.xml or services-config.xml

Can you please provide more details on this.

Thanks,
              • 4. Re: Compiling flex files
                Level 7

"funandlearning333" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:go6p97$1go$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Thanks for the reply. But when I create a new project, the wizard has many
                > features. I have selected Coldfusion as server technology and coldfusion
                > flash
                > remoting for the remote object access services. after entering all the
                > details
                > I keep getting this, error:
                >
                > Invalid root. The WEB-INF/flex folder must contain either flex-config.xml
                > or
                > services-config.xml
                >
                > Can you please provide more details on this.

Sorry...I never can understand what wizards are on about, so I've always
                just felt it was simpler to understand what was going on and be able to do
                it without the wizard. You might want to look at the Lazy Loading Tree
                example at flexdiary.blogspot.com for an example of how to set up a remote
                object without depending on the wizard.