• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

start and end of a project

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate 9. I had a project, made for teachers, and I wanted to end the project at a certain date.  In 'Project info' I put the date to end the project, after which should appear: "the project has expired'. But after that date I did not get a response from the teachers to tell me the project had expired. They just continued with the project without problems!

Is it possible that in some forms of publishing a Captivate project this marking of an end date does not work, possibly, has disappeared totally? If so, which method of publishing has the best results?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Project: Start and End > Project Expiry Date field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Calendar control to select a date that appeared in the upper field, or did you just enter the date in the explanatory field underneath?

If you are quite sure you have entered the date correctly, do some more testing on your own system to verify the expiry date functionality does not work and then log a bug with Adobe if you confirm it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Calendar control to set the expiration time.

I will test, as you suggested, to verify the expiry date functionality.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you suggested, I have tested the possible options:

• Exporting as a movie - the expiry date function did not work.

• Exporting as html5 - the expiry date function did its job.

• Exporting as executable - the expiry date function also did its job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

To my own knowledge, there would be no way to force an expiration if you are simply creating a video output.

tmp4.png

In addition to no expiration, there is also no interaction available in this format. Things such as playback pausing until you click a button or other object or quizzing. All you end up with is a file suitable for uploading to YouTube or Vimeo or other such delivery service.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources