3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 10:15 AM by Steve Grisetti

Windows update does it again

darthbill68

Since the 9/17/16 I got a great windows automatically installed update, and when I go to open my "Adobe Premiere Elements 11 video editor, I get an error message, but when I check my display drivers and gforce drivers they are all up to date...help..windows error message.jpg

• 1. Re: Windows update does it again
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In addition to updating your driver from the Intel site, have you deleted the BadDriver.txt file from c:/ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0? (You may need to enable the Folder Option to Show All Hidden Files in order to see this directory.)

• 2. Re: Windows update does it again
            darthbill68 Level 1

I ended up having to purchase and download Premiere 14, with the updates 11 was no longer compatable...my question is can I or should I now delete 11? Will it be safe? I was able to load a project I was working on in 11 and finish it on 14 is why I ask...would like to free up space, but don't want to risk loosing anything I might want later...but I assume that stuff is stored on the computer anyway and accessable without the old 11 program installed?

Bill

• 3. Re: Windows update does it again
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I would not recommend trying to open your version 11 project into version 14. It might corrupt the project file and make it unusable.

Better to finish your version 11 project in version 11 and use version 14 for your new projects.