1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 5:07 PM by Amebr

    Apostrophe html -> Robohelp 2015 showing as '

    cornés36350742

      Hi,

       

      I've been using Robohelp 2015 and now I have encountered a problem.

      I gained an html file of the translation bureau and when I open that file it shows the following:

      " Conditions d'utilisation

      La machine / l'installation doit être aménagée dans une pièce à température et à taux d'humidité de l'air relativement constants. Les conditions d'utilisation suivantes s'appliquent pour la machine / l'installation "

       

      No problem so far. But when I import this file into Robohelp 2015 it shows the following:

      " Conditions d'utilisation

      La machine / l'installation doit être aménagée dans une pièce à temperature et à taux d'humidité de l'air relativement constants. Les conditions d'utilisation suivantes s'appliquent pour la machine / l'installation "

       

      Robohelp somehow converts the apostrophe to '

      The HTML code in Robohelp for "Conditions d'utilisation" is "Conditions d'utilisation"

       

      Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

       

      Thanks in advance,

      Corne

        • 1. Re: Apostrophe html -> Robohelp 2015 showing as '
          Amebr Level 4

          I tried typing ' (the html character entity name for the apostrophe symbol) into RH11 and RH helpfully converted it into '.

           

          I'm not aware of any settings in RH11 that would turn off this behaviour, but I don't have RH2015 so can't check in that version. You could have a poke around to see if you could find anything.

           

          Otherwise I think you can either search in RH for ' and replace with the plain character ', or you could search in the source html for ' and replace that with a plain character '. (I know some typography people get very upset when the incorrect symbol is used, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if this would cause those sorts of display concerns for the translation.)

           

          You may need to ask the transalation company to use an ASCII apostrophe in their translations to avoid this issue going forward.

           

          And raise a bug with Adobe : Adobe Bugbase

           

          HTH