• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing map styling when using web-apps and Google maps

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anybody throw some light on this problem?

On this page I'm listing locations on a Google map. TEST Branch Locator

On version 1 the display is web-app driven and is using the Allow-proximity-search feature on the web-app to place the locations.

On version 2 the display is manually coded and the styling has been changed from how it appears in version one.

I would like to to alter the web-app driven map styles but am having difficulty making it happen. In version 2 a script targeting the div with id=map does the trick, version 1 doesn't have id=map it has id=webapp_map_34472  but when I tried targeting that id with the script to change the styles it makes no difference at all.

I have just seen this page now on how to adjust Google Maps styles using the JSON Styling Wizard: Google Maps APIs  but the trick still remains, how do I apply this change to the web-app driven map?

Any suggestions on how to affect this change greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Grant

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grant, if you are using the google MAP API you can define the layers for the visuals.

Pins can be rendered based on JSON data so you just output the web app items in that structure, set those as the pins to render using the script for google maps.
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/3.exp/reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines