1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 5:53 AM by try67

I need to redact multiple words together in pdf and replace each word as well. How can I do it?

ananyas71918440

On using batch redaction, I could redact multiple words. However, I could not find an option to replace these words as well. Currently, I have some 10 documents which have 3 words to be redacted and replaced

Currently, I have some 10 pdf files which have 3 words to be redacted and replaced. Lets say company 1 to be replaced with 123, company 2 to be replaced with 234 and company 3 to be replaced with 345. Is there any way I could replace all these words at one go in all the documents (may be by leveraging some property of search and remove text)?

• 1. Re: I need to redact multiple words together in pdf and replace each word as well. How can I do it?
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You have two options, but neither one is very good (because PDF files were not meant to be edited in this way):

- Use the Search & Replace command. The downside of that one is that you'll need to do each replacement manually. The upside is that it can "re-flow" the text so that the new text fits well within the existing text.

- Use the redaction tool and insert the new text as the overlay text of the of redaction. Upside is you can do it automatically and apply to all instances of the text at once. Downside is it won't re-flow the text, so if the new text is much longer or shorter than the current text the results will look odd.