Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Update of Adobe Flash Player not working

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am packaging Adobe flash player 22.0.0.192 for which i need to make sure it goes for auto update. (Enable Background Update)

I have been surfing internet and implemented all solutions suggested. Most of the forums suggested to update mms.cfg file which was of no help. I would really appriciate if some one could help me on the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Hi,

You would have downloaded the fp_background_update.cab folder, it would be containing the resources. Extract the folder and place all the contents of that folder inside XXX.XXXX.net/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/ folder.

If you do not have the cab file, go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe and apply for distribution license. You will get the link to the page from where you can get the fp_background_update.cab file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While installing Flash Player it gives you three options, selecting option "Allow Adobe to install updates" would automatically update Flash Player when new version is available. If you have Flash Player already installed on a machine then you can go to control panel and select Flash Player on Windows machine/ open system preferences if you are using Mac and open Flash Player. Click on updates tab and change update settings to "Allow Adobe to install updates".

If you are using your own server to deploy the updates on several machines, then you need to add SilentAutoUpdateServerDomain=<server domain name> in mms.cfg.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ridhi.

I have done these settings, even the task created to check for updates is running the update service. I could see the records under Task Scheduler.

I am not sure what I am missing in the mms.cfg file. Below are the entries I have added in the file:

AutoUpdateDisable=0

AutoUpdateInterval=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

SilentAutoUpdateServerDomain=XXX.XXXX.net

SilentAutoUpdateVerboseLogging=1

Kindly suggest.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the only entries that should be present in the mms.cfg file. Are you trying to update on any machine and update is not taking place? Could you share the FlashInstall.log from the machine. Seeing the entries we can check why the update did not take place.

Also can you check if there are any spoofs present on the machine.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-9-28+12-5-0.338 [info] 1628 XXX.XXXX.net

2016-9-28+12-5-0.354 [info] 1629 XXX.XXXX.net

2016-9-28+12-5-0.354 [info] 1614

2016-9-28+12-5-0.354 [info] 1615

2016-9-28+12-5-0.354 [info] 1618

2016-9-28+12-5-0.354 [info] 1619 1063

2016-9-28+12-5-0.385 [info] 1628 XXX.XXXX.net

2016-9-28+12-5-0.401 [info] 1629 XXX.XXXX.net

2016-9-28+12-5-0.416 [info] 1614

2016-9-28+12-5-0.432 [info] 1615

2016-9-28+12-5-0.448 [info] 1618

2016-9-28+12-5-0.479 [info] 1608

2016-9-28+12-5-0.495 [info] 1612

2016-9-28+12-5-0.510 [info] 1620

2016-9-28+12-5-0.526 [info] 1604

This is what I see in FlashInstall.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entries in the file suggest no error has come till now. But the xml's containing the version information have not been hit. Could you browse to XXX.XXXX.net/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/currentmajor.xml and XXX.XXXX.net/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/22/xml/version.xml and see if the file exists. If they do not exist you have not placed all files correctly on XXX.XXXX.net server.

If they do exist could you copy their content and share it here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help Ridhi. I found the file missing. Please guide me the proceedings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You would have downloaded the fp_background_update.cab folder, it would be containing the resources. Extract the folder and place all the contents of that folder inside XXX.XXXX.net/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/ folder.

If you do not have the cab file, go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe and apply for distribution license. You will get the link to the page from where you can get the fp_background_update.cab file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ridhi.

It was of great help. I would like to know if there is any document/link containing the information about the error codes that we see in the FlashInstall.log file. Kindly share if you have any reference.

Regards,

Avinash L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Avinash,

We do not have any such documents available. Anyways if you face any issues you can report the same on forums.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines