Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 23 Installation Error

Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using windows 10, firefox, says I need to update to 23 from 22 but when I try to do this I get an error message that says "Application Initialization Error" and it won't install.

I've tried it with and without the mcfee offer, right after a reboot before anything else is started, with and without avast enabled.

I've tried the help pages which just send me in circles.

What to do?

Adobe install error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Hi,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed: FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

As an alternative, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed: FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

As an alternative, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, without the installation log files we can't troubleshoot why the initialization error is occurring.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maria,

I was not aware of the offline installer, which seems to have worked.

Thanks 😉

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming the offline installer worked.  We'd appreciate it if you could provide the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files so that we can investigate this further.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines