Newbie to animation, with lot of questions on figuring out my work station.I have compiled all my questions.Please help. I am building this PC for a research institute, and I am going to be the only animator at least for few years. Since I am quite new to animation. I*think a 6700k setup will suffice for 2 years to come, till I develop skills that requires even more a high end work station.*
- Cinema 4D
- After effects
- Premiere pro*
- rendering in all 3 above. I am looking for a CPU & GPU, which is equally good in all 3 softwares above.
- Zero gaming
- not done overclocking so far. No plans as of now. I have not ruled out it though. I will take a call based on the discussion.*
- GTX 970 Is what I have planned for GPU. GTX 970 / 1060 6 GB of same price, whereas 980Ti and 1070 are twice the price. I want my GPU to be able to handle GPU render software, in case If*I opt to go for it.For my usage I dont think SLI will ever come to consideration for 2 years, or is it so?*
- Will usage of SSD be of any help to reduce render times? If not what is the usage of SSD, apart from quick boot of OS?
- Thinking of going for a 32 GB RAM on a 64GB motherboard.So that if needed I can increase it later on. Is it ok, if I use only 2 RAM slots for 32 GB RAM? Will it be properly utilized by the softwares and processor?
My understanding C4D uses CPU for rendering and GPU for viewport performance.*
I read in CGdirector website that,
* "Many Cinema 4D features like deformers, generators, cloners, are calculated on the processor using only a single-core. This is where you will want the fastest possible single-core speed. The Intel 4790K and 6700K both have 4 GHz and *some more Turbo GHz to make the viewport as fast as currently possible."*
- Is this line true? In that case should I go for a*
* * * ** 1) i7 6700k , inclined more towards this one, price wise and also performance wise it is same as above in most cases.*
** * * *2) 3.3 Ghz, 6 core,15MB cache 12 thread i7 -5820k *- bit costlier setup than *i7 6700k. Is it worth it?
** * * *3) Or Xeon E5-2670 16 core/32 thread setup.Is it really worth getting this setup? I have to catch someone from my friends who is coming from USA to India, which is possible. My point is like will the performance*better*than i7 6700k for all 3 softwares?
In what other scenarios having more threads useful for Cinema 4D/AE/Premiere pro?
Say after 2 years, I need a upgrade in my Processor, which socket is future proof now LGA 2011 v3 or LGA 1151?
I am already having a i5-4460 /16 GB RAM/ set up, which I can use for team render in C4D along with 6700k.