3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 11:32 AM by dj_paige

Lightroom not linking to Raw files

jimw85661750

Hi,

I tried to link my LR catalog to the CR2 files it couldn't find by hitting "locate". (Normally this works fine).

This time though, it just removed all the preview thumbnails in the catalog so the catalog is empty.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Lightroom not linking to Raw files
          dj_paige Level 9

I tried to link my LR catalog to the CR2 files it couldn't find by hitting "locate". (Normally this works fine).

This time though, it just removed all the preview thumbnails in the catalog so the catalog is empty.

I'm confused. I don't see the connection between the last sentence and the first sentence. LInking to RAW files cannot cuase the catalog to become empty. Can you explain in a lot more detail what you did, the exact steps (where did you click the mouse or what menu command did you use) and what happened? Lots more detail. THank you.

Do you really mean the catalog is now empty, as in zero images?

• 2. Re: Lightroom not linking to Raw files
            jimw85661750 Level 1

Hi, I found the previews further down the library menu on the left as it's the CR2's are on a different drive now.

It had cleared out the previews from the catalog which was a little weird (though out was backed up).

All good though.

Thanks for getting back to my question.

• 3. Re: Lightroom not linking to Raw files
              dj_paige Level 9

Okay, this part makes sense, if you tell Lightroom the RAW files are now on a different drive, then of course they move in the LR Folder Panel to a different drive.