• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9: My preview screen shows at a different screen resolution (zoomed in)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team,

Every time I try to preview my project in Captivate 9, the screen will appear zoomed in (this occurs for all levels of previewing), however, if I publish it and then watch it, this does not occur. So the problem exists only in the preview. Is anyone else having this problem and found a fix to the solution? Would really appreciate your help on this one as it is extremely frustrating.

Thanks team.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Check your browsers zoom settings.

When you publish, are you viewing from a webserver or via the local file structure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey BDuckWorks,

Thank you for you fast reply. When I publish currently I am viewing via web browser by clicking on 'view finoahed product' when the publishing is done (as I dont want to yet upload it to the LMS which is cloud hosted), and that seems to be ok. my project is a screen simulation set to HD but also scalable. I'll check my xoom settings in browser today just incase though for future reference. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Preview methods did you use: if you use in Browser or HTML in Browser it can be the zoom percentage indeed. If this is a normal project, the other methods do not use a browser but if you are in a responsive project, all is happening in a browser as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri,

Thankyou for your fast response 🙂 Really appreciate it. Im using a screen simulation set to HD resolution but ticked the scalable option so it suits all screen resolutions. I am previewing it inside captivate using the 'preview project' or 'preview next 5 slides' or 'preview in web browser' options but they are all doing the same thing (zooming in without being able to change it). If I publish it and view the output in a browser, its fine, but that takes considerably more time to just view one slide to check my work as I go. I was hoping there is a fix for this one as I absolutely looooove Captivate in all its complexity and have been using it since 6.0 (also following your blogs since then so thanks for those), however this is a slightly frustrating and unusual event. Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem...did you ever get it fixed?  If so, how?!  Thanks so much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also talking about a simulation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a simulation, per se.  It is a combination of slides and video I will publish to a big video.  When I publish it, the resolution is fine.  But when I try to preview it...Preview Project, Preview next 5 slides, etc...it is so zoomed in I can't proof it.  I've checked the zoom on every browser and they are all fine.  Any suggestions?  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rarely use Preview methods except Preview in Browser or Preview HTML in Browser for non-responsive projects. I suppose it is such a project. That is a strange phenomenon, because normally the other previews would be following the display % of the screen and since you don't speak about problems with Captivae itself. Which resolution do you have for the project? What is the display % for the used screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources