• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash files get hung up on a Surface Pro

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Pro with Windows 10. I was able to open packaged flash files which were downloaded from a tutorial site for an organization that I belong to. They are zip files that I open, drag the folder to my desktop and open the file marked "player" into my browser. That worked fine until a few days ago. Nothing seems to have changed so this is a mystery. Now when I click on the "player" file it opens the browser and then player gets hung up in the opening process. The progress bar gets stuck about half way through. I tried Chrome, the latest IE and Edge, all with the same result. Flash content on web sites work fine. I tried to disable hardware acceleration but that didn't help.

Any ideas on how to fix this would b greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

GarySD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved here from RoboHelp FlashHelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There was a security enhancement change to FP 23 that prevents Flash Player from launching local content by default.  There is a way to bypass this and revert to the previous behaviour.  See the Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23  section "Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default" for information on this security change and instructions on how to re-enable the feature in Chrome and IE/Edge.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria,

Great answer. Just what I needed to know.

Thanks again!

GarySD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines