Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene navigation !

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a flash file contained 2 scenes, "Wheel_Slide_In" and "Wheel_Rotate". mu goal is to play scene "Wheel_Rotate" after "Wheel_Slide_In" finish playing.

I put this code in the last frame of "Wheel_Slide_In" :

//gotoAndPlay(1,"Wheel_Rotate");

//gotoAndStop(1,"Wheel_Rotate");

//MovieClip(parent).gotoAndPlay(1, "Wheel_Rotate");

and many many othe random! combinations with parent and root to tell the flash this simple task!

Hey dear Flash, please play "Wheel_Rotate" Scene after "Wheel_Slide_In" Scene! Simplz!

unfortunately, me and Flash don't talk the same language!

could you please help me to write the correct code and understand how you play another scene from a different one?

many thanks

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

If the code is in the main timeline then gotoAndPlay(1, "Wheel_Rotate");  should work

You should avoid using scenes and either use movieclips or have it all in one scene.  Scene navigation has always been an issue with Actionscript/Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the code is in the main timeline then gotoAndPlay(1, "Wheel_Rotate");  should work

You should avoid using scenes and either use movieclips or have it all in one scene.  Scene navigation has always been an issue with Actionscript/Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines