3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2009 12:13 AM by rahimhaji

fetch xml and fill datas in Array

rahimhaji Level 1
      Dear Friends,

i am working on a flex stand alone ticker. i want to connect and fetch a xml data (generated by php), and those data has to store in an array or array collection. i will connect this array to a repeater tag as dataprovider.
      kindly tell me how to fill the array with data fetched from a xml. i got struct up.. i have to finish my project.. iam in pressure pls..

Thanks and Regards,
      Syed Abdul Rahim
        • 1. Re: fetch xml and fill datas in Array
          Level 7

"rahimhaji" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:go5gq7$bjq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Dear Friends,
          >
          > i am working on a flex stand alone ticker. i want to connect and fetch a
          > xml
          > data (generated by php), and those data has to store in an array or array
          > collection. i will connect this array to a repeater tag as dataprovider.
          > kindly tell me how to fill the array with data fetched from a xml. i got
          > struct up.. i have to finish my project.. iam in pressure pls..

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf

Q1

• 2. Re: fetch xml and fill datas in Array
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            You will have to modify this a bit, for example resultFormat="array" if your data is an array, "e4x" for xml. resultHandler() code will likely change as well.
            • 3. Re: fetch xml and fill datas in Array
              rahimhaji Level 1
              Dear Mr.Greg Lafrance,

Thaks a lot, this code is working fine. i tried to change this labels in to check box. that too working it created the check boxes. but i have the following difficulties:
              1) it creates check boxes. it shows the label only for first item, other i items the label shows empty.

for adding check box i gave the following code:
              <mx:CheckBox id="chk" label="{rp.currentItem}" color="{count++ % 2?0xFF0000:0x00FF00}" height="100" width="200"/>
              i can see the checkboxes in horizontal order without labels. pls tell me how can i bring the labels for entire checkboxes.

2) if i click on the created text boxex, i need to fetch the label of the text box or index of the text box will it possible pls tel me the possible way. for that i gave the following code, but it gives the error:

click="trace(chk.label)"

kindly help me to do these things. i need to fetch the index of the check box atleast.

Thanks and regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim