3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2017 10:11 AM by hannesstier

Lightroom almost killing my Macbook Pro

jakob3480

Hi,

im simply going mad at this stage and I have even considered selling my MacBook Pro just to go back to my old Macbook Pro.

I have the newest version:

2,5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-processor

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM            

512 GB PCIe drive

Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2 GB GDDR5

When ever I start my LR CC (Latest version) the CPU usage jumps to +400%, heat to almost 100 degrees and the fans co crazy....

I have deactived face recognition and what ever is possible.....but nothing helps.

I have today had the hardware checked and there are no faults there.

What can be done ?????

Jakob

• 1. Re: Lightroom almost killing my Macbook Pro
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

You say "LR CC (Latest version) could you check that it is in fact LR CC 2015.7

Also have you tried deselecting the Graphics Processor?

• 2. Re: Lightroom almost killing my Macbook Pro
            jamesh43508645

I have the same issue as follows:-

15" Macbook is solely used for editing images within Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop. within minutes of starting up software, CPU % activity reaches 800%, Fan speeds increase to full speed (very noisy) and the CPU temps reach 90 deg C and upwards , determined using 'HW monitor ' . Worryingly HW Monitor reports that the 'GPU 2 Die' temp is 129 deg C.

Have upgraded OS from El Capitan to Sierra as well as fully uninstalling then re installing Adobe software. Have spoken to Adobe, there opinion is that there is a hardware fault. Also just to note before purchasing this Mac Book Pro 10th November, I was using a lower spec Mac Book Air, with no issues

Exactly the same machine spec as well. Was DdeGannes answer correct?

• 3. Re: Lightroom almost killing my Macbook Pro
              hannesstier

Have there been any solution to the problem? Or what did you do? I have the exact same model and struggle with the same problems and neither apple nor adobe is a help with solving the issue.