2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 8:30 AM by Rick Gerard

After Effects renders files too big (3 Min. 80GB!)

khos94241414

Hey guys,

I have a really big problem since a rather long period of time already.

I'm owning a music YouTube channel and I'm creating audio visualizers for it regularly. It's nothing really special; just some kind of audio visualizer with a logo and background wiggle, nothing more.

But still my After Effects program seems to have issues with it... every single time I'm rendering a project of this kind, it renders a REALLY big file, much too big! Like 80GB for a 3 min. video!!!

I'm using QuickTime (H.264) in the rendering settings, and that worked perfectly in Windows 7 (max. 100MB for a 3-4 min. video), but since I'm using Windows 10 it doesn't seem to work properly any more. AVI is no alternative because it's even worse in terms of file size.

Now, as a workaround, I render every project a 2nd time in another program called "Easy H.264" which renders the videos just perfectly fine, same as Windows 7 did in former times.

What could be the problem now? How can I manage to get the normal file size back? I'm still on After Effects 2014, should I upgrade to 2015?

Best Regards