1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 11:08 AM by BobLevine

Can't print from InDesign CS5 in El Capitain

settermom Level 1

I installed El Capitain (10.11.6) a couple of weeks ago, and I find that I cannot print from InDesign CS5 version 7.5.2.318 (I get the option to "save" but not to "print."

There is a 7.5.3 patch for InDesign CS5, but if I download it from Adobe (Adobe - InDesign : For Macintosh : Adobe InDesign CS5.5 7.5.3 update for Macintosh - All Languages : Thank You ) I got the message that the download is damaged and should be moved to the trash when I try to open the installer.

I went into System Preferences and enabled >Privacy & Security>Allow Downloads from Anywhere, as was suggested in the Photoshop forum, and tried again. Now I can open the .dmg file, but it opens an "Adobe Application Manager" window that is completely blank.

InDesign CS5 (and so far, the rest of Creative Suite CS5) seems to work just fine other than this. I can export to PDF and print from the PDF file, but that is a very klutzy work-around. Any suggestions?? (MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB of DDR3 RAM)