1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 2:10 PM by BNS_IT

AE Farm Nodes Only Rendering When Signed Into Adobe Account

BNS_IT

Hello,

We have just installed AE2014 on our render farm (win 7 nodes). I have verified aerender is in the Support Files location as it should be.

When attempting to render to this machine using Deadline 7.2, the following error is output within Deadline.

=================================================================================

After Effects error: Unable to obtain a license. Please run the full application to correct the problem or get a more detailed message.

at Deadline.Plugins.ScriptPlugin.RenderTasks(String taskId, Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

If I actually login to the render node that gives this error and sign into adobe everything behaves as expected, all is right with the world. My understanding of aerender is that is allows you to do background rendering therefore not needing to be signed in. If this is true, I am wondering why my test renders keep failing on any node that I am not signed into with that same "unable to obtain a license" error.

Am I not understanding what aerender does or do I have a problem?

Thanks for your time and help.