RAM:Corsair Veangence 16GB (4x4) DDR3

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB Dual-X Video Card

Windows 10 Education

CS2015

PC performance while running:

CPU 50-65%

RAM 50-70%

GPU 40-60%

So I make music, and I download music spectrum templates, insert my music in the designated location, the push play. Almost instantly it drops to like 2 FPS and the audio gets really slowed down as well. I cant see what it will look like unless I export it (which takes hours) without looking at it first which if something messes up then RIP. I've tried looking at the link Adobe has posted in a couple other forums and that didn't solve the issue.

Any help appreciated.

This link does not help

Improve performance in After Effects

Ive tried disabling the mercury thing (I have 2 screens, when I get back to my room I will try it after unplugging the 2nd but I saw they said they patched it on Mac back last year so i dont know if its fixed for Win10 or not. So if that works I will let you know, otherwise I am at a loss...)

• 1. Re: really bad lag
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

CS2015

what exact CC version? all the numbers please

PC performance while running:

CPU 50-65%

RAM 50-70%

GPU 40-60%

looks about right

insert my music in the designated location, the push play. Almost instantly it drops to like 2 FPS and the audio gets really slowed down as well.

Ae can't give a real time playback (hit play and watch without calculating first) for layers with effects without caching first, so you should manage expectations. it needs to calculate the effects or whatever you got there. if the audio is slowed down because of not real time playback you can press here under preferences. this is my default

other then that keep in mind Ae is rarely real-time. what you can do is set your preview panel to a setting that suits your workflow. for me it's this.

it caches the frame, it turns green, not I can playback by pressing again over the green cached frames.

my spacebar settings are for already cached frames so it can play instantly provided that the bar is green (frames are cached) and no Audio.

read here and find which settings suits you. the latest version offers more preview flexibility than ever:

Preview without rendering in After Effects

if you still have trouble try to focus on what exactly is the problem and give specific details: how long is your composition, what resolution, which effects etc/

• 2. Re: really bad lag
            nbarber1 Level 1

Thanks, I appreciate it. When I get home I will definately try this. In the mean time it is 2015.3 i believe. Version 13.8.1