5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 8:19 AM by Steve Grisetti

Exporting H.264 Blu Ray

jm56992778

I recently started using this program as the GroPro Studio constantly crashed on me. I burned my first BR using export to disc function, but at a bitrate hovering around 20 I wasn't impressed. I found the custom box (under Devices tab) and using CBR raised the bitrate to 35. My problem is getting those files onto a bluray disk now. It produces three files, but when I burn those to a bluray it won't read them. I tried using imgburn app, but it only sees it as a Data disk and not a bluray. I am using the H.264 Blu Ray file, though I wish there was a way to burn just a H.264 file with a menu feature. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Exporting H.264 Blu Ray
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you using Premiere Elements? If so, which version?

If your project settings are properly set up to match your video specs. You should not have to push your bit rate to a non-standard rate. (That merely makes your output file larger.) Using the program's BluRay authoring system, you should be able to produce a BluRay disc with video virtually identical to your video.

• 2. Re: Exporting H.264 Blu Ray
            jm56992778 Level 1

I am using version 14. The bitrate on the original video is 45, but when I use the burn to disc the max it will give me is 22, with and without the fit to disc box checked. If I use the devices tab and choose custom I can get the bitrate to a max of 35, which is still below the original, but much better. I need to figure out how to get the three files it produces to make a Blu-ray.

• 3. Re: Exporting H.264 Blu Ray

I still say you're starting at the wrong end, jm.

What is the resolution and frame rate of your GoPro video? Is this video an MOV or an MP4?

What are your Premiere Elements Project Settings?  You'll find them under the Edit menu, under Project Settings.

• 4. Re: Exporting H.264 Blu Ray
                jm56992778 Level 1

I used the settings from the video when setting up the project. I guess my question is more geared to finding a Blu-ray authoring app that will take the three separate files that elements gives me and turn them into a Blu-ray. The one included with elements is too limiting when choosing how to export.

• 5. Re: Exporting H.264 Blu Ray

I'm sorry, Jm. I can't help you if you won't answer my questions.