12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 9:38 PM by ManiacJoe

Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7

millerttlm Level 1

After updating to Lightroom 6.7 and Camera Raw 6.7, I no longer have the dehaze slider in Develop module "Effects" or in any of the local adjustments. Anyone know how to get them back?

• 1. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

The Dehaze slider is not included in the stand alone LR 6. It is only available with the subscription based CC version.

• 2. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
            millerttlm Level 1

Thanks - that I knew. Somehow, when I updated LR from the CC app, then launched LR, it came up as 6.7. After closing LR and reopening, it came up as 2015.7. Dehaze is now present. Not sure why...

• 3. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Every now and then, LR forgets what mode it is running in. (CC vs standalone)

Just after a software update is a common occurrence. Signing out and back in solves the problem.

• 4. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
                elizabetha22149865

I just uploaded the LR CC newest version today. I had the most updated LR 6 stand alone. I have logged in, logged out, and closed and reopened LR multiple times. It says it is opening as LR CC. There is NO Dehaze feature... I specifically got the CC to get this feature and its not working... feeling majorly irritated...

• 5. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
                  dj_paige Level 9

Tell us the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info and report the exact version of Lightroom shown there. Do not use words like "newest" or "current" or "up-to-date".

• 6. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7

elizabetha22149865 wrote:

I just uploaded the LR CC newest version today. I had the most updated LR 6 stand alone. I have logged in, logged out, and closed and reopened LR multiple times. It says it is opening as LR CC. There is NO Dehaze feature... I specifically got the CC to get this feature and its not working... feeling majorly irritated...

Are you a subscriber to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan? If not then it doesn't matter whether you download and install the CC version of the 6 version as they are the same exact program. Same exact files get installed on your hard drive. It is how you Sign In that makes it either the CC version or the 6 Version.

The Dehaze feature is not available with the Stand Alone 6 version.

• 7. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you logged out and back in with the same Adobe ID and password that you used to purchase Lightroom 6 then you will still be running the program in Lightroom 6 mode. It is the same program. If you subsequently ssubscribed to Lightroom CC then it will be necessary for you to create a new username and password specifically connected with your creative cloud subscription.

• 8. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7

JimHess wrote:

If you logged out and back in with the same Adobe ID and password that you used to purchase Lightroom 6 then you will still be running the program in Lightroom 6 mode. It is the same program. If you subsequently ssubscribed to Lightroom CC then it will be necessary for you to create a new username and password specifically connected with your creative cloud subscription.

Jim that is not correct. Once an Adobe ID is associated with a subscription plan, even if it was used to buy and run a stand alone version for any length of time, it will automatically make LR the CC version. Although you might have to Sign Out and back in again.

If you want to then go back to the stand alone version that is when you must create another Adobe ID that is not associated with any subscription plan.

• 9. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
                          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thanks for the clarification. I guess that's what I get for never having Lightroom 6. I started out with  Lightroom CC.

• 10. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7

I actually have both and installed 6 a few months ago on a secondary notebook. I had to register another Adobe ID. I bought 6 with my regular ID that I use here and that CC PP is tied to.

Once an Adobe ID is used for a subscription plan it is always tied to that subscription. Even if you cancel the subscription.

• 11. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
                              camerabug303 Level 1

I'm upset.  I called Adobe yesterday and asked them if the Dehaze was in the stand alone version of Lightroom 6 and they said it is.  I bought it just to find out it is NOT THERE!

Now what?  I've installed the 6.8 upgrade.  I was using 5.7.  What did I gain by upgrading?  Anything?

The customer support at Adobe is just plain awful.

• 12. Re: Dehaze sliders missing from Lightroom 6.7
                                ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

This is a good list to start with.

Compare Lightroom CC vs. versions 5 & 6 | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC history

Since LR 6.x and LR CC are the same program, just differing in the license data, the dehaze functionality is in both versions. There are third-party plug-ins and presets available that will expose the dehaze functions to you.