4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 8:05 PM by darlah36422689

What do I do about an image that was rejected for already being in my portfolio, but it isn't?

darlah36422689 Level 1

I think I posted this in the wrong section earlier, I'm not used to this format of forum.

Also, I have had sets in which one is accepted, and all others rejected for being too much like the first one.

It's the four seasons as avatars, like Mucha did, and it won't make sense to have "Summer" but not the other ones available.

• 1. Re: What do I do about an image that was rejected for already being in my portfolio, but it isn't?
          MatHayward Adobe Employee

Hi Darla,

What is the image number? I'll take a look.

Thank you,

Mat Hayward

• 2. Re: What do I do about an image that was rejected for already being in my portfolio, but it isn't?
            darlah36422689 Level 1

File ID: 121401631

File ID: 121401818

File ID: 76924925

File ID: 76924912

File ID: 79115592

File ID: 75338962

File ID: 73018799

File ID: 65760739

File ID: 79597134

Geez, it's hard to find my way around this place.  Not as bad as E****o, but close.

There are also a lot of files with this notice:

File could not be accepted

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately we were unable to process your file. Please contact us for more information.

• 3. Re: What do I do about an image that was rejected for already being in my portfolio, but it isn't?
              MatHayward Adobe Employee

Hi Darla,

Welcome to the Adobe Stock Contributor forum. You have been such a great, active contributor at the Fotolia forum, I'm looking forward to your interactions here! Please feel free to share with me any suggestions you have on how to improve the forum.

As for the images you have listed, I asked the moderation team supervisor to take a look.

Image 121401631 was submitted previously in January of 2015 as image 76924910 which was declined back then for the same reason (more on that to come). The supervisor went ahead and put the image online for you.

The same with image 121401818. This is the same as image 75339201 which was reviewed in December of 2014. He has put this image online as an exception also.

All of the other images you listed were submitted and reviewed approximately 2 years ago. Since that time we have modified our rejection reasons in an effort to make them more specific and helpful. When these images were refused, the "similar content" rejection reason didn't apply only to images in your portfolio but if the images were of a common subject such as flowers or sunsets and there was an abundant supply in the system at the time, that was often the rejection reason you would receive.

As for the rejection reason "file could not be accepted" if this was listed on other files that were submitted last year or the year before, it's possible the rejection reason has been removed from the system or updated. I can't be certain but my best guess is that the system would not recognize the reason any more therefor you will see the generic decline message. If you have questions about those specific files, please check your Fotolia archives for information or feel free to reach out to me directly and I'll look them up.

You can find more information about the current rejection reasons at this link: Reasons for content rejection

I hope that helps.

-Mat

• 4. Re: What do I do about an image that was rejected for already being in my portfolio, but it isn't?
                darlah36422689 Level 1

Okay, I was confused.  I thought the "could not be accepted" had something to do with synching between Fotolia and Adobe.

I have a hard time finding my way around the forum, but I suppose I'll get the hang of it.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the basketball.